Thursday, February 28, 2008

Already too fast


Nathan turned over from his stomach to his back today. I kid you not! He was having a nice nappy poo on his stomach and decided that he was going to curl those feet up under him and push off...the little stinker. Let's just hope that it was a total fluke, but in the meantime, I am making a point to never leave him unattended on a bed, changing table, washing machine, kitchen counter, toilet seat...you know, all the usual places you would just place and baby and walk off to let them fend for themselves.
Little dude woke up looking like he had been sneaking some Cheetos through the night, so we decided to give him a little bit of sun therapy during one of his naps to help break up some of those excess red blood cells. He has the cutest little bird legs I have ever seen, and while he is teeny tiny, he still looks pretty full through his stomach and back and not scrawny at all. The girls have had a rough couple of days into this transition period, but we were ready and waiting for this with our heavy armor on. They are trying to pull out all their major artillery, but we've been through this battle before and know their weaknesses. So far, we are weary, but we are winning.
They LOVE their little brother though...as long as we are not the ones holding him. They still ask to hold him all the time and then proceed to kiss and poke and try what they can before he starts wailing for someone who is older than 4 to rescue him.
Abby: Mom, what if Nathan is thirsty?
Me: I nurse him.
Abby: Well, what if he is hungry?
Me: I nurse him then too.
Abby: Well then, which one is the drinking boobie and which one is the eating boobie?
My little man is having his boy part surgery tomorrow morning, so keep him in your thoughts. It makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it. I hate it when he cries, and I just want to rescue him from the pain he will have tomorrow. Poor little dude.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm just sooooo happy for you! Bursting!You dont know me, but I have been following your blog ever since your uncle told me about it. Needless to say, I love your blog and just want to eat your girls up. They are DARLING. And it looks like Nathan is too! Btw, I think he looks like Emma. Congrats again. So happy he is healthy. God is SO good. =)

Dawn on February 29, 2008 at 12:27 AM said...

Oh, the pictures are just so beautiful. Looking at the girls holding him makes me imagine what Lily and Felicity would be like with a little brother, although I can't imagine Lily not being the baby anymore, and I'm perfectly happy if she's the caboose. :-)

I am all excited and nervous because I JUST ORDERED MY CAMERA.

Missy @ It's Almost Naptime on February 29, 2008 at 2:56 AM said...

I will tell you what a mom of 3 boys told me when my first son was circed:

"Yeah, it always seems to hurt us much more than it hurts them."

He will be over it very quickly and get a real good nap.

Emily on February 29, 2008 at 6:46 AM said...

There's his eyes :)

LOL about Abby's conversation :()

Beth on February 29, 2008 at 9:18 AM said...

The pictures are again AMAZING! I just cannot say that enough!

The dialog about the boobies - LOVE IT!!! As a nursing mom - I can so relate!!!

Good luck with the boy surgery today!

Beth

Doris on February 29, 2008 at 10:45 AM said...

I am truly laughing out loud reading the boobie conversation. Your pictures are adorable and I just LOVE the first one.

Jill Chandler on February 29, 2008 at 12:17 PM said...

Remembering you and Little Nathan today... Perhaps everything is done and he's home resting already! God is good.
Love ,Jill

Dana on February 29, 2008 at 1:12 PM said...

Awww, those pictures are beautiful! Amazing how you're able to capture him so early on! :)

Hope everything went well and I hope the girls settle into their roles of older sisters soon for y'all! :)

Amanda on February 29, 2008 at 2:26 PM said...

Oh, every time I see that little face my heart melts! Hope everything went well today with the "little boy surgery" how well I remember when James had his little snip snip. NO fun to think about.
And I wanted to share a tip with you that I learned a few days ago: Be very careful not to lean too close to Nathan's little pee pee when you are cleaning it, to make sure you cleaned it well, because you could very possibly get your glasses cleaned!

momof2princesses on February 29, 2008 at 5:19 PM said...

LOL, I had to laugh out loud about the conversation with Abby. To funny. I'm glad everything is going so well!

Wanda on February 29, 2008 at 6:07 PM said...

As of right now, when I look at Nathan I see Jay & Abby!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez