Sunday, March 2, 2008

1 week


My dearest Nathan,

Your tiny head fits in the palm of my hand. I could hold you for ages just stroking the soft skin that covers your round head and thanking God for blessing our family with you. I often pause to lean down and smell your newborn scent, trying to soak up as much of it as I can before you no longer have that new baby smell anymore. I love brushing my lips across the soft hair that still covers your body and kissing your velvet skin. Your legs are so long and skinny, and I can't help but pull lightly on the loose skin that seems to fall off of them every time you stretch them out. I don't want to miss a thing, Nate. You are already a week old, and I find myself wanting to freeze time right this moment and savor your first few days just a bit longer. But before I know it, you will be running around the house chasing after your sisters. Babyhood just doesn't last as long as we wish it would.

You are a gift from God, son. I have prayed for you more intensely than I have ever prayed for anything else. While carrying you, my heart was broken and elated over and over again, and I went back and forth from being so excited to meet you to being scared to see you for the first time. Even though I would never want to live through the pain and heartache that we suffered during the past few months again, I am truly thankful that we did indeed go through that trial. The Lord used you and the problems we had in my pregnancy with you to strengthen us more than we could ever imagine. Through carrying you, Christ taught us to be more trusting in Him, more loving, more patient...more faithful. And when I hold your precious body in my arms, I am exceedingly thankful for what we went through...and even more thankful for the Lord's mercy. You are a gift from God, my sweet boy.

As I continue to hold your tiny body in my arms, I will also continue to pray for you...that we are granted wisdom in raising you and your sisters to honor God and desire to be Christ-like as you grow each year. I pray that you will continue to be healthy and whole. I pray that we can relay our experience from the past few months to teach you and your sisters to be more trusting, more patient, more loving, and more faithful in the God that has blessed us to call you our son.

I am thankful, Nathan. More that I can even begin to describe. And I love you, son...more than I can ever show or tell you. You are a gift from God. You are our baby boy, and I will continue to hold your little head in the palm of my hand and kiss your soft, smooth baby skin as long as I can. I love you, baby boy. I love you, Nathan.

12 comments:

Siobhan Marie Tully on March 2, 2008 at 4:35 PM said...

Amber, you put your thoughts into words so perfectly, I had tears in my eyes reading what you had written about Nathan. He is perfect and most definately a gift from God.

The slide show is adorable and Nathan looks so cute and cuddly. I could munch him up. Congratulations to you and your family.

Lots of love Siobhan and Noah xx

StephthefutrRxDr on March 2, 2008 at 4:42 PM said...

What a beautiful collection of photos you have taken of ur beautiful little baby. I love ur pictures.

skye on March 2, 2008 at 5:36 PM said...

I don't know how you do it - put together newborn photo shoots & montages - with three gorgeous kiddos. Super Mom ;)

I am elated for your family. Nathan is a gift from God, no mistake about that.

Jennifer on March 2, 2008 at 6:16 PM said...

What a sweet post and beautiful montage. The baby days do pass much, much too quickly.

The miracles of God are amazing and neverending. Nathan is truly a gift. He is so sweet and precious. Continue to treasure these days.

Your talents continue to amaze me....

Love to you all,
Ronnie, Jennifer & Joshua

Dana on March 2, 2008 at 8:21 PM said...

That was a beautiful entry. Nathan is absolutely adorable, and definitely a miracle. May God continue to bless you with joyous days as you raise three incredible children!

Ashley on March 2, 2008 at 8:23 PM said...

Every time Phillip and I read your posts we become so much more amazed with your talent. You have such a gift! I got teary-eyed reading and watching today...you guys are wonderfully blessed and we will continue to pray for you all!
Love you,
Ash (& Phillip)

leigh on March 2, 2008 at 8:39 PM said...

What a lovely family you have.

Anonymous said...

You are wonderful!! I could look at your pictures and read your writings all day.

Hope to see all of you soon!

Love,
Beth, Brian and Matthew

Dana on March 2, 2008 at 8:57 PM said...

Beautiful Amber. Your words, your photos, your baby boy. May God continue to let his face shine upon you and your baby boy :)

Amanda on March 3, 2008 at 9:38 AM said...

Amber that what such a beautiful post. Nathan is beautiful.

Trina on March 3, 2008 at 11:19 AM said...

That was beautiful. I cried through the post and then again through the slide show. You are truly blessed.

Rachel Absher on March 5, 2008 at 9:16 PM said...

Oh my goodness gracious, AMBER!! That slideshow is amazing. You have some awesome shots of your little man. I am so happy for you. I don't have any girls, but I can tell you that little boys love their mamas, there is just such a special bond between mommys and their sons.
I look forward to watching your little man grow!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez