Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Before the craziness started


Since the girls wake up at the crack of dawn nearly every morning, Jay has started a morning ritual with them of shaving their faces after he shaves. It really does cut down on the gnarly black whiskers they have throughout the day, and if it keeps the circus from taking them as their new bearded preschoolers, I am all game. Plus, it makes them so kissably soft all day long and smelling like their daddy. I knew I had to document this daddy/daughter morning ritual sometime, but it took me quite a while to get my lazy rear out of bed to actually do that. I think I took these shots a couple of days before Nathan was born.And here are some shots I took the day before Nate was born...it was a warm and gorgeous Saturday, and we pretty much played outside all day long. In fact, we all added a little more color to our farmer's tans on that day.We have company coming in a few minutes to spend the day with us, and Jay's parents are flying in tomorrow, so I may be a bit scarce over the next few days. I'll try to post a few pictures here and there though.

5 comments:

A Single Mom's Life on March 11, 2008 at 11:35 AM said...

Beautiful as always Amber!

momof2princesses on March 11, 2008 at 12:10 PM said...

What fun with Daddy!! Love the outside shots.

teachermom on March 11, 2008 at 1:24 PM said...

Love all your pictures, Amber! My mom has a very similar picture of me as a little girl, "shaving" with my dad. I'm sooooo jealous of your summer-y pictures! :) We still have snow on the ground, although it's melting rapidly.
~Christy (CPBC)

Emily on March 11, 2008 at 4:19 PM said...

Aw, I love it! I have so many memories of shaving with my Dad as a kid too! My brothers liked to do it, so I did too! (That same thought also applied to taking my shirt off to do yard work...luckily, and much to my mother's joy, I outgrew both habits) ;)

Beth on March 12, 2008 at 3:03 PM said...

Beautiful pictures - as usual!!

Love how still she is being for her "shave"!!!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez