Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Look-a-likes


One of the first questions everyone asks after a baby is born is "Who does he look like?" Jay's very direct answer: "He looks like a baby." Honestly, you can't really tell who they look like for the first little bit until the swelling goes down, the ridges in their head mold back into place and the scratches on their face from their insanely long fingernails heal.

Nathan is finally old enough that we can see a little glimpse of who he looks like from time to time...

This is Nate looking quite a bit like my younger brother, Bradley when he was a baby:
He seems to have Emma's smile (this one's for you, Dina.):
But most of all, he looks almost exactly like Abby did as a baby. That round face and head, the shape of his nose, his lips, the shape of his eyes...all are exactly like Abby's. He even squishes his lips together in a fish-face type of way just like she did those first few weeks. Sometimes when I look into his eyes, it is almost as if I have been taken back 4 years to when she was born. So, I'm guessing now that he is going to look like his Daddy. And since our scanner has gone to RIP with all the other technological deaths in our household, I don't have any baby pictures of Abby to post here and prove my point. So, you get this one from last month...that kind of slightly sort of but not really shows that she and Nate look a lot alike:

10 comments:

Trina on March 5, 2008 at 11:49 AM said...

His smile is precious! I just want to snuggle him up. You have one beautiful family!

Kayla on March 5, 2008 at 2:19 PM said...

I do see that they look a lot alike. I only slightly remember Abby looking like that when she was born. He is precious.

Anonymous said...

I definitely see the resemblence. Too cute!!

Linda C.

Dana on March 5, 2008 at 4:05 PM said...

He's handsome, she's gorgeous....Emma's precious and to me, her smile could light up a room! You're blessed all around! :)

Anonymous said...

Amber, Nate is a beautiful baby. Barbara turned me on to your blog. I don't know how you find time to do it. Tell Jay that I haven't forgotten him or y'all.

Joey

Emily on March 5, 2008 at 11:41 PM said...

"now that Nathan is finally old enough" Oh please! LOL! I am just so impressed by you Amber again and again. You still are keeping up the posting like always with a not even 2 week old! You rock!

He does totally look like Abby in that pic comparison.

Beth on March 6, 2008 at 12:34 PM said...

Abby is gorgeous!! You are so talented with your photography - you capture them so beautifully!!! Nate is of course preciuos as well.

I love your new header picture too!!! Hope things are going well in your house with the new addition!

Beth

A Single Mom's Life on March 6, 2008 at 6:56 PM said...

Amber, You have the most gorgeous family!

Dani on March 6, 2008 at 8:18 PM said...

I can see the simularity with Abby in his eye shape and nose.

Tammy said...

Well, I can see grandpa Michael and great-grandpa Bernard in select poses, probably because I know their many faces. I love your blog and look forward to each new entry!

Cousin Tammy

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez