Monday, March 17, 2008

More good news


Mr. Nateman has had a pretty bad case of "Don't put me down" today, which is pretty understandable since I have held him against my chest for practically the last 5 days. But I do enjoy holding him, and his head just fits so perfectly right up against my chest...at least I'll never look back on his baby days and regret not babying him enough. HA!
We went to see our pediatrician this morning, and it was just a great visit. Nathan's retracting is getting more and more intermittent as the day wears on, so that is a good sign that his body is starting to get back on track. His breathing rate is still slightly on the high side, but it is also a lot better than it was even a couple of days ago. The Dr. said that she was just as perplexed as every one else at why Nathan has had these strange symptoms. Sure, maybe this was a virus that he had since he is definitely getting better as the days pass, but it is just so unlikely for him to have these symptoms and no others if it is indeed a virus.

She said that we will probably never find out what the problem has been, but she is confident that he is getting better and the Lord has answered so many prayers. She also said that she was so worried about him last week, but after she prayed so earnestly for his well-being and that Jay and I would have peace over the situation, that she herself felt such a peace about it and just knew that the Lord was intervening. I couldn't help but let the tears flow as she was telling me this. Again, we are so incredibly thankful that we have been blessed with such Godly doctors who are taking care of our children.

We are also thankful for such friends and family like we have who are constantly praying when we are in times of need. Thank you all so much for taking time in your day to remember to pray for Nathan during the past few days...during the past few months. We have felt your prayers...that is such an incredible feeling. Thank you.

Thankfully, we have not had to have the additional blood tests done yet, and we are hoping that we won't have to have them done. Our pediatrician was in agreement with me in that we didn't want to stick the poor child with any more needles unless it was absolutely necessary, so she is talking to the doctors at the hospital today to see if there was any other tests that came back yesterday that made them want additional blood tests. My heart hurts every time I hear Nathan cry out in pain...his cry has changed so much over the past few days and he now looks up at me with tears in his eyes every time he gets stuck and with a look in those eyes that rips my heart to shreds. It hurts me so much to see him endure those tests.

We go back to the Dr. next week to see if there has been any more improvement...if not, we will have to go to the lung lab for additional testing. If so, we pray that the past few days will become a distant memory that we will never have to relive.

We are so happy to be home. Today has been an extremely emotional day...I think because everything that has happened over the past few days has finally hit us like a ton of bricks and we are able to process the way God has blessed us so abundantly. Most of the stress of wondering what the problem could be has been lifted as we watch Nathan gradually get better, and as the stress lifts, we find that we are able to relax more and are aware of just how exhausted we are. That also may be contributing to the emotion of it all falling on us today.

Thank you again, everyone. I can not express at all how much we appreciate your thoughts and prayers through all of this.
And don't worry...these are all pictures from last week. As neurotic as I am about pictures, I still wouldn't subject my poor son to having a camera in his face today...especially since I couldn't possibly take his picture while I am holding him all day. :)

15 comments:

Wanda on March 17, 2008 at 5:49 PM said...

I can't express what I feel other than to say . . . God is so good!
Wandy

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you
Lisa(Christine's sister)

Tara on March 17, 2008 at 6:32 PM said...

Praise The Lord! So glad he is getting better! Maybe you all can get some much needed rest now, (I said maybe)

Register family on March 17, 2008 at 7:57 PM said...

So glad to hear things are improving today. A quote in my devotion today was... stay faithful and the Lord will Bless, how true!
Sister Danette

Ashley on March 17, 2008 at 8:02 PM said...

It is so apparent that Nate and the rest of the Ferrells are in His hands! Mom and Daddy are very happy to hear the wonderful news, too. I know that through this all He has strengthened you both. You both are an example to all of us of the great faith you have shown through all of this. We have and will continue to pray for you all and Nathan in hopes that he will have a fast recovery very soon!
Love,
Ash and Phillip

Christine on March 17, 2008 at 8:49 PM said...

I am soooo happy to hear that things are starting to improve! I pray that they continue to do so! The pictures are beautiful and I love the process on the first one! So cool!! Hugs girly! get some rest!!! And I just noticed my sister left you a comment :)

Jill Chandler on March 17, 2008 at 9:31 PM said...

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!
Love, Jill

Anonymous said...

Dearest Sister Amber and Brother Jay,
I know you know that we all have been praying for you both, Nateman, the sweet little girls and all the doctors. I am so very thankful for the Lord blessing you with great and caring Christian doctors. If there is anything that we can do for you all, please call and we will do what ever we can to help. We are always here for you.

All our love and prayers,
Brother Lee, Sister Dina, Sarah and Kate

su on March 17, 2008 at 11:55 PM said...

Such a relief to check the site and find all the good news. We're so thankful and happy for you.

Love, Susan Mizell

Katie H. said...

Yay Amber!! I'm so happy to hear the good news! You must just be emotionally & physically spent. Enjoy the cuddle time with your baby boy! I'm so glad he seems to be getting over the mystery illness.

Beth on March 18, 2008 at 11:04 AM said...

I am so glad to hear Nathan is getting better!!! I hope things continue on this upswing!

Thoughts and prayers,
Beth

kathy said...

We are all so very happy to hear this great news. We have been following Nate's moves and continue to pray for all in the Ferrell household. You two have one strong bond and the Lord is blessing you in that.

On a side note, I don't think I have ever known of a child of Godly parent to suffer from to much love. Nate will learn to sleep in his own bed in due time.:)

We love ya'll
Kathy Ulmer

Trina on March 18, 2008 at 1:59 PM said...

We praise the Lord! You and your precioius family will remain in our prayers for the days to come.

shalonda on March 18, 2008 at 2:52 PM said...

Oh amber, i havent been on your blog for a few days i am so sorry that yall are having to go through this! Thank the Lord he is doing better...continued prayers for yall!

oh amanda on March 18, 2008 at 7:08 PM said...

So glad to hear good news! When dh and I were praying for him last night, he prayed that it wouldn't even matter if they couldn't figure out what was wrong with him---because God just healed him!

We're still praying for him and yall!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez