Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More tests


Abby: Mom, why don't we eat popsicles in the bathtub anymore?
Me: I dunno. Remind me tonight and you can have one.
Abby: Okay. Tonight, remind me to remind you to give them to us.
Abby: Oh yay! Did we get another Sesame Street magazine in the mail?
Me: Ohhhhh noooooo, Abby.
Abby: What?
Me: You said "magazine" instead of "mazaween".
Abby: Ah! I DID!! You are going to have to tell daddy tonight that I am growing up so fast now.
Our pediatrician called us again a little bit ago. Turns out that Nate's liver function test came back higher than normal, so we are indeed going to have to have additional blood tests done on him Thursday morning. Poor little guy. That could explain why he is still jaundiced...and who knows what else it could explain. The retracting he does while breathing is still there, but it is still pretty intermittent...and it isn't nearly as pronounced as it has been the past few days. His breathing rate is still worrying me a little because it is almost always quite a bit higher than it is supposed to be...only at a somewhat normal rate when he is in a deep sleep. But other than that, he seems completely fine. He smiled a big "open mouth/smile with your eyes" smile at me this morning while I was talking to him and followed it with the sweetest little "coo". He smiled at me in the hospital like that too, but I didn't want to declare that his first non-sleeping smile until I was completely sure. He was wide awake and interacting when he did it this morning, so I'll count that one as his first. And of course it made me cry, which is not something that I usually do when it comes to "firsts" that my children display, but this one seemed to give me an extra assurance that everything will eventually be okay with my little boy. It was a special moment, for sure.

11 comments:

Christine on March 18, 2008 at 4:53 PM said...

They are all growing up much too fast. I really hope that you can get to the bottom of the liver issues as I am sure you do as well. I was praying that he did not need more blood work :( Poor little man...sending prayers

Tara on March 18, 2008 at 5:36 PM said...

Love the pictures as always, and Abby is right they are ALL growing up to fast. Praying they can figure this thing out soon, for your and his sake!

Amanda on March 18, 2008 at 5:59 PM said...

Amber I have been thinking of you and Nathan. Sending many prayers.

oh amanda on March 18, 2008 at 7:12 PM said...

So sweet. Still praying the liver is perfect!

StephthefutrRxDr on March 18, 2008 at 8:59 PM said...

so glad he's doing better, hope the testing goes ok. i know u said he looks like abby, but that second photo of him looks so much like emma to me!

Dana on March 18, 2008 at 10:09 PM said...

What a blessing and gift to able to document his early life so well and beautifully? Continuing to pray for him....I hope everything goes smoothly Thursday.

Dawn on March 19, 2008 at 1:08 AM said...

Good grief, girl! I've been away for a few days and have all kinds of catching up to do. Does Nate have to be so exciting?

Praying that he is well and all is normal again soon. Enjoy cuddlin' the little guy. :-)

Doris on March 19, 2008 at 10:38 AM said...

When I told you how much fun boys are I should have included how much of your energy they take. :) Continuing to pray here...

Katie on March 19, 2008 at 2:36 PM said...

Too precious for words, all of this. :)

Sorry to hear about all the testing and waiting, though. :(

Dana on March 19, 2008 at 3:12 PM said...

Amber,
I hate that there will have to be more tests done, but thankful that maybe a few more tests will reveal his little problem! Just by looking at him he looks like a very happy, very healthy baby! He is absolutely precious, and I see Jay all in the picture of him looking at the camera. Your girls are getting so big too. I love Abby's little haircut!

Laura on March 20, 2008 at 8:54 AM said...

Ha! Abby's too funny! Praying for you all, and I hope they get some answers for you and little Nathan soon!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez