Monday, March 24, 2008

One month


It is so hard to believe that you made your debut into our family one month ago today. When did that happen, Nate? When did a whole month pass us by? When did you get chubby cheeks and fat on those chicken legs or your's? When did you grow out of your preemie clothes and newborn diapers? I was right here the entire time, and I still have the sinking feeling that I missed something as it passed by me at warp speed.
You are a great baby...wait, the sleepless nights we have endured together have just slapped me in the face. You are a good baby. You love to eat, love to be held, and love to be rocked and sung to. You will belt out of cry louder than any newborn I have ever heard if I don't feed you the moment that your stomach tells your brain that you want, need, HAVE TO HAVE FOOD NOW! You have always been such a good nurser...such a pro that you decided to go ahead and mark down in your schedule to exercise those great skills every 2 hours on the dot...around the clock, everyday, all day, did I mention around the clock...do you sense some exhaustion here from the milk cow? So, back to the good baby thing here...you only cry when you are hungry. HAHAHA!! Yeah, that would be so cool if I weren't completely lying through my teeth. But I do have to say that in relation to your oldest sister who came into this world screaming like a banshee for hours and hours and hours and hours everyday for 4 months, you are a jewel, my boy. Really, the only other times you consistently cry is every time I merely think about all the gassy foods I am having to abstain from since you seem to be all boy and are the gassiest little guy I know. I think about chili; you scream and toot. I think about eggs; even louder scream and three toots to follow. Garlic laden Penne Rustica from Macaroni Grill; "Good grief, woman! What are you doing to my intestines?" Thanks to your ability to create air bubbles in your gut out of thin air, my diet has been limited to Easter candy and gummi worms, so we are currently pulling out our life's savings for future dental work and Jenny Craig. Anyway, the great thing about all these noxious fumes that you are slowly killing us with is that you tend to be the gassiest between the rich hours of 3-4am, creating a kink in my ploy to keep you in your own sleeping place during the night and try to put a stop to the round the clock milk bar. Speaking of that, I believe that I am currently suffering from my very last "I will never ever" statement that I uttered before I had kids. I will never...never, ever...never, ever, ever in a million years...let a child of mine sleep with us for more than a couple of ear-infection/nightmare/the boogey man is gonna get me nights. Never. Ever. Enter in Mr. Nateman. You just eat all the time, and you sleep so well with your nose in my arm pit, and I am so tired, and you're our last baby, and it doesn't help that you are so so so stinkin' cute and I love waking up in the morning with your big blue eyes staring back at me. I'll take "spoiled" for $500, Alex.
So, I am trying my darndest to get you to sleep on your own now, and you are doing a great job on your own...for the first hour or two. And then you want to eat and it is all downhill from there. Oh, Nate-Nate, what am I going to do with you, son? "Nate-Nate": what you are usually affectionately referred to whenever you belt out a gas-induced screaming jag. Other aliases you have adopted are: Nafey (what Emma has been known to call you, and also my favorite to say), Nason (another Emmaism), Little Man, Little Dude, Stink Pot, Sweet Boy, and the one we use the most: Nate. So, a whole month, son. I still can't believe it. It has been an eventful month, to say the least, and I really really really hope that the next few months are a lot less dramatic, but equally joyous. I love you, Nathan. I am thankful for you, my son.

13 comments:

Tara on March 24, 2008 at 12:02 PM said...

I'm with you, I can't believe it has been a month already since little man was born. Happy 1 month Nathan, We love you! I love the pictures, so sweet!

Meg on March 24, 2008 at 12:04 PM said...

Beautiful post and beautiful pictures as well. I can see why you give in so easily to all of your "nevers"...he's a doll. Just adorable. Who could say no to that face? :)

Dana on March 24, 2008 at 12:21 PM said...

Oh my gosh! He is absolutely adorable! If I have a girl we are so arranging their marriage!!! You always bring out the "real" parts of motherhood. I can relate to everything you write. I LOVE your blog. He looks just like his daddy. And you are right, he is a chunky little devil. His color looks so good Amber! Can't wait to read his two month post!

Christine on March 24, 2008 at 1:25 PM said...

What a beautiful little man you have. He just seems so peaceful and content. Happy to be here. Happy One Month little man!!!

Emily on March 24, 2008 at 1:52 PM said...

Gosh, he is just the cutest thing ever! I can't get enough of your pics and blog. Happy One Month!

Jennifer on March 24, 2008 at 3:45 PM said...

Precious! It's hard to believe it's already been a month. Yes, the days pass much too quickly. Love the pics and the post! Your talents continue to amaze me. How do you do all that you do??

Anonymous said...

anonymous said
It is very hard to believe the latest member of our little flock is 1 month old. You must carry the camera around your neck all day to get such great photos. I enjoyed the girls so much yesterday. The egg hunt was fun with them. Maybe you got some well deserving rest.
Love Ya'll, Dar Dar

momof2princesses on March 24, 2008 at 7:31 PM said...

Wow... I can't believe it's been a month, either. I love, love, love that last picture! To cute!

oh amanda on March 24, 2008 at 8:18 PM said...

Oh, is he the cutest?!

Other Mother on March 24, 2008 at 10:19 PM said...

Absolutely precious thoughts and pictures. Thank you, Amber, for sharing your life with us.

Laura on March 25, 2008 at 5:44 AM said...

Wow! I love that last picture...that little dimple...so cute! And if it's any consolation, my boys ate and ate too--but I totally lost weight easier after them! :-)

Dawn on March 25, 2008 at 2:22 PM said...

You are now learning what mothers of sons know: they have you wrapped around their little finger from the first moment. Enjoy that sweet baby boy.

Staci on March 26, 2008 at 9:27 PM said...

I just can't take how cute he is!!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez