Thursday, March 20, 2008

Post-nap bliss


My children gave me the best "first day of spring" gift they could ever manage to give: they all three took a nap at the same time. You can close your mouth in awe now...and yes, I was in just as much shock as you are. I didn't think that was possible, especially since Abby had decided to mutiny nap time all together starting the day Nathan was born. So what did I do with my 2 hours of free time? I took a nap, of course. I was literally at the end of my rope with the sleep deprivation...so much so that my friend who kept the girls this morning asked if I had been crying since my eyes were so bloodshot. And here I was thinking that I looked pretty hot with my bloodshot eyes and all. They seemed to compliment the muffin top flab that has been hanging over the top of my non-maternity jeans that I have convinced myself that fit even though I have a permanent button-shaped circle tattooed right under my cavernous hole of a belly button. Smokin' hot, I tell ya.
Nathan had more blood tests done today, and I was able to inquire more about what part of his Liver Function Test (AST) came back higher than normal. There are many things that could cause this test to come back higher than normal, but one of the things that our pediatrician mentioned (and the one that we will check first if it comes back abnormal again) involves the alveoli in his lungs, which could be causing his respiratory problems (that are still getting better as each day passes). They are also checking his bilirubin levels again and his hematocrit to see if he is still showing anemic levels.
In other news, my little chunky monkey already weighs 8lbs 3oz and is changing so much every day. He is gaining weight so much faster than the girls ever did, and I totally believe it since we seem to have a date in the glider rocker ever 2 hours for tea and crumpets (or in Abby terms: the eating boobie and the drinking boobie). Sadly, I had to retire what newborn diapers we had left today since he had bright red marks on his legs where they were getting too tight...kinda like the way my jeans are right now, imagine that.Since they haven't been able to figure out what has been ailing the poor child lately, we have to be a little careful about where we take Nate for the next week or so...meaning, we can only take him to the doctor's office where there seems to be a nice run of the flu, stomach virus, and RSV going around right now. Nice. So much for protecting a child whose immunity could potentially be shot right now. But since we have been advised to stay away from church for another week (Jay and the girls should be there Sunday) and since we have nothing better to do at home all day, I dressed the chitlins up in their Easter Sunday best and took their yearly Easter pictures yesterday. The lighting was bad, the weeds were rampant, there was a nice bit of mold along the bottom of each shot (thanks to the nice rainy weather and humidity we have often here), but we did it...Easter pictures.

4 comments:

Jill Chandler on March 20, 2008 at 4:57 PM said...

I'm so thankful for each good report from your LOVELY family... and I'm missing you SO much!
Love, Jill

Jennifer on March 20, 2008 at 5:13 PM said...

We're hoping Nate will not have to have any more tests. Such a beautiful family! Love the Easter pics (bad lighting and all- HA).
Love to you all!
Ronnie, Jennifer & Joshua

Anonymous said...

These are the most sweet pictures of our little babies. They are growing so fast. I mean Nate too! I can't believe how much he has changed since I saw him last. WOW! We love and miss you Amber Doo! Poet and didn't know it..HUH? We can't wait till you are able to come back to church. I know everyone misses you all!
Love,
Sister Dina

momof2princesses on March 20, 2008 at 11:01 PM said...

Beautiful Easter pictures!! And I'm glad they seem to have found "something" that could be the issue of his breathing. I'm glad he's doing better, as well.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez