Sunday, March 16, 2008

We are home


The doctors were pretty reluctant to let us leave tonight, so they made me promise that if Nate shows any signs of worsening or starts any other symptoms that we had to come back and be readmitted. I appreciate their concern to want to keep him for a few more days (yes, one doctor said that she wouldn't mind keeping him at the hospital for a few more days to just watch him since he is still retracting so badly), but I also appreciate them trusting us enough to allow us to come home and sleep in our own beds and return to somewhat of a more normal life.

There really isn't anything else they can do at the hospital at this point except check on Nathan periodically to see if his breathing is returning to normal, and it really hasn't shown much sign of improvement since we were admitted on Thursday. His heart rate and breathing rate has gotten a lot better, but the retracting he has been doing has remained about the same.

We are supposed to see our pediatrician either tomorrow or Tuesday and then immediately go in for more blood tests to check Nathan's liver, blood counts, etc etc etc. I hate that he has to get stuck again, but I do hope that we will finally find an answer to his respiratory problems. One of the doctors at the hospital said that she was going to follow Nathan's case through our pediatrician because she is so curious to find out what we will determine the problem has been (if we can). She said that she is so perplexed at what it could be, so she is anxious to see if he will start to display any more symptoms to crack the case of what has been plaguing him for the past few days.

We are tired. Exhausted, really. It has been a physically and emotionally exhausting few days for our family. Please continue to pray that we find out what is wrong with Nate. And also that we do not have to be readmitted into the hospital. Thank you so much for all of your sweet messages and emails. They truly do mean a lot to us.

18 comments:

Christine on March 16, 2008 at 9:12 PM said...

Welcome home! I am glad that the drs gave you the ok to come home. I so hate that you do not know what is going on! Many prayers are being said for him! Thank you so much for keeping us all updated. I hope you all get some much needed rest. HUGS!!!

Anonymous said...

Dar Dar said
I'm so glad your home also. It's wonderful that Jay's mother stayed a little longer. Our Lord knows what's going on. Rest well tonight.
Kiss the babies for me. Luv Ya'll

oh amanda on March 16, 2008 at 10:08 PM said...

Oh, Amber. I didn't even know about this until last night someone told me about it! I'm sorry I haven't been caught up. I'm praying for Nathan right now. We already know he's a miracle! Can't wait for good news.

Also praying for your rest.

(((HUGS)))

A Single Mom's Life on March 16, 2008 at 10:13 PM said...

I hope things get better soon! Thinking about him and your family.

Melissa Mae on March 16, 2008 at 10:56 PM said...

Amber,
I am saying prayers right now for Nathan - and they will continue fervently. Please keep us updated.

momof2princesses on March 16, 2008 at 11:36 PM said...

I'm glad you all are home! I'm praying your ped or the blood work will finally revel what is wrong.

Beth on March 17, 2008 at 8:33 AM said...

Amber,
You are all in our thoughts and prayers. Hope you get some good rest at home and Nathan is all better soon!

Beth

skye on March 17, 2008 at 9:28 AM said...

So glad you are home. I'll continue to keep that little miracle if yours in my prayers. I hope you all can get some rest.

Love Y'all! Hugs to each of you!!!

Beth on March 17, 2008 at 10:15 AM said...

I am so glad you guys are home. I checked your blog on Friday, but didn't check back until now and was shocked that poor Nate was so sick! You are all in our thoughts and prayers!

Beth

Tara on March 17, 2008 at 10:55 AM said...

So glad you got to finally come home yesterday! You and your precious family are still in our prayers. Your family was deeply missed yesterday at church. Silas and I both enjoyed our visit with you Sat. night! Oh and the picture turned out adorable,love it!

Ashley on March 17, 2008 at 11:20 AM said...

Praise the Lord! I am so happy you guys can have some normalcy. Brother Gordon and Sister Bunny asked about you all on Sunday, (Phillip and I went to WestJax for their Annual Meeting), and we were able to update them. They all said that they were praying for you guys. We will continue to pray for you all so that everything is done according to His will. We love you all!
Love,
Ash and Phillip

Anonymous said...

Amber, I am so glad to hear that you are home. I'm sure there wasn't much rest to be had at the hospital. We have been praying so hard for little Nathan. Carrigan even says Nain when we pray at night. We missed you at church and we love you very much. If there is anything we can do let us know. Love, Tony, Amanda, and Carrigan

Caroline on March 17, 2008 at 12:21 PM said...

Amber, we heard yesterday about Nathan from your Dad and today I've read your blog with deep love and thanksgiving. God bless you both! What an ordeal your little Job has endured these past days!! I am so prayerful that his recovery will be complete and long-lasting, and that you and Jay are feeling that Peace that passeth understanding!!!

Love and big hugs, Carolyn Hisel

Trina on March 17, 2008 at 12:42 PM said...

You all are in our prayers!

Kayla on March 17, 2008 at 1:56 PM said...

I'm so glad you are home now. Hopefully his retracting will get better soon. I will keep praying. I know his is in God's hands. (Which by the way are even bigger than Jay's. That should be very comforting to you.) Love the pictures as always.

Other Mother on March 17, 2008 at 2:02 PM said...

Continuing to pray for you all. A praying doctor is a great blessing, too.

Dana on March 17, 2008 at 2:56 PM said...

Amber,
Yall sure have been troopers through everything you have had to go through in the last several months! I am so thankful for you to be home with the little guy. We are continuously praying that Nate will stop scaring the mess out of his parents and get better soon! We love you guys so much and are thinking of you constantly!

Katie on March 19, 2008 at 2:39 PM said...

Ok I KNOW I am the only one saying this, but I still thinking he looks A LOT like Emma!! It's the cheeks and the lines below his eyes to me... and his little nose... I just think he looks so much like her, which I know you're like 'give it a rest woman, I'm his mother, I know...' but I can't help it... I am so saying "I told you so" one of these days! Or else, "I concede, you are the mother. I fold." :) Awesome shots... love Jay's hands holding him!!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez