Thursday, April 24, 2008

2 months


My little Nate-Nate,

2 months, my precious son. This month has been another eventful month, but I am beginning to think that you are just going to be my eventful child. I really wonder how your personality will be as you grow older...will you have drama circling your every move or will you be the laid back kind that is able to push through life's struggles with ease? All I know right now is that you have shown us a little peek at the ferocious temper you like to display every once in a while, and I am quite leery about that part of your personality. But, of course, you are my little red-headed boy...at least for the time being until your follicles of fuzz decide which color they will remain as they grow less fuzz-like.
When you were a week old, I decided to start taking a picture of you next to a stuffed bear at different ages to see how you grew in comparison to the bear. I can not believe the drastic change this month brought about. You are my little chunk-o-luv and I could just eat up that double chin of your's. Funny enough, you aren't nearly as big as I thought you would be. Today's 2 month appointment put you at a whopping 11 pounds 2 oz (30%) and 22.5 inches long (20%). While that is still on the lower size for other boys your age, you are a good pound more than Emma and 2.5 pounds more than Abby when they were 2 months old. My big ole' growing boy! You still eat every stinkin' 2 hours...we've tried bottles of breastmilk, bottles of formula, and nursing, but nothing really does the trick to tide you over for more than 2 hours, so I have thrown in the towel and decided to embrace the fact that you are attached to me for a good majority of the day. On the bright side, it seems to help in slimming down the large bodunkadunk that the pregnancy-induced chocolate attacks gave me. On the other bright side, I commend you for needing to nurse at prime times that get me out of work...like right after dinner when it is time to clean the kitchen. I high five you for thinking that one up. Keep it up, little man.
Let me just say how happy I am that you are finally able to pass gas freely and comfortably by yourself...and just realize that this is the only time that I will be thankful that you are able to pass your gas with ease. Your first month of life was rough in this aspect, and I spent many nights feeding you mylicon like it was candy and squishing your knees up to your chest in hopes that I could help you let one loose...our own little different kind of "pull my finger" approach. Kudos for getting control of your exhaust system this month, little dude.
You have become a lot more expressive this month. You smile so big sometimes that your cheeks push your eyelids together to display itty-bitty slits and the dimple on your left cheek sinks in and just makes me want to kiss it. In fact, you get so many kisses all day long that I am sure that your au naturale scent has started to take on the lovely smell of my coffee scented lips. Let's just call you my little latte'.
You started physical therapy this month with a wonderful woman named Andrea. You greeted her with a smile this week and are very receptive to her voice and touch. PT is going great, and we hope to see some great improvements in your breathing over the next few months.

You are my little Nathan...my precious little boy. I love you so much sweet pea. I love to play with the fuzz that covers your head; I love to open your teeny fingers and hold your hands; I love to tickle your feet and pinch the fat on your thighs. I love to hold you close and breathe in the scent of your head. I love when you suck on the end of my nose to let me know that you are hungry. I love how you still lay your head right on top of my heart when you want to fall asleep. And I really love how you stick your tongue out mid-smile.
I love you, Nathan Andrew. My growing boy.

15 comments:

oh amanda on April 24, 2008 at 3:30 PM said...

sweet sweet sweet & cute cute cute!

Jill Chandler on April 24, 2008 at 3:34 PM said...

Love the pictures and the boy I long to squeeze!

StephthefutrRxDr on April 24, 2008 at 8:22 PM said...

That first photo is jaw-dropping. I hope I'm as good as you someday.

momof2princesses on April 24, 2008 at 8:41 PM said...

Time is flying!! I love that last picture! To cute!

Christine on April 24, 2008 at 9:35 PM said...

look at how well he is holding that head up!!! What a sweet little boy you have!

Anonymous said...

He is just so adorable! I want to squeeze him so tight!!

Linda (lchorba)

shalonda on April 25, 2008 at 1:28 PM said...

awww amber you not only brack me uo but make me cry all in one post, lol, darn pregnancy hormones...Nate really is getting so big and is as precious as ever....i could eat him up with that dimple!!!!

annie on April 25, 2008 at 7:41 PM said...

What a precious little guy!
Just stopping over from Amanda's to congratulate you on winning her bloggy giveaway!

Bloggy Mama on April 26, 2008 at 12:22 AM said...

Sooo cute!
I am your newest Flickr friend and I searched through your stuff to find your blog - love it! Your kids are adorable.
I'm at mybloggylife.wordpress.com

Elaine A. on April 26, 2008 at 11:14 PM said...

Came over from oh amanda... Your baby is so cute (as are all your kiddos!) And you are so talented with your camera. Absolutely gorgeous photos!

Nice to "meet" you!

Kayla on April 27, 2008 at 3:34 PM said...

I'm so glad to see your little one growing. I have been without a computer for a few weeks now and haven't been able to read your blog. It was fun to catch up. I'm glad you are all doing well.
Kayla

Michelle on April 27, 2008 at 5:19 PM said...

wow that is a difference with the bear photos - how neat that you're doing that!

I had to laugh at the comparison with the weight gain to the girls - I just posted about that same thing last week! Lucas is so much bigger than Kayla was at that age! He's 12 lbs 13 oz (at his 2 month check up) and Kayla wasn't even 10 lbs until she was 4 months old!

Staci on April 27, 2008 at 7:16 PM said...

Just precious! I love the teddy bear picture.

Dawn on April 27, 2008 at 7:44 PM said...

Amber, he is just so precious. You had a great idea with the teddy bear.

The Princess on April 27, 2008 at 8:45 PM said...

Chica, you are hilarious! You are too funny talking about all of the kids. I especially liked the part about the high-five for getting out of chores! Score! It was awesome seeing you all today!
Love ya,
Ash

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez