Tuesday, April 29, 2008

How 'bout some pictures?


I mean, come on, how can you not eat up that scrumptious face? Now I may be a little partial or something because, let's face it, I did birth the child, but he has to be the cutest and sweetest little boy alive. And I know you just wanna pinch that itty-bitty hiney...I mean, who doesn't love a baby's soft little tushy?
Nate's physical therapy was this morning, and I am always encouraged and uplifted each time we leave there. We have seen some slight improvement in his breathing at times due to the kinesio tape and the daily "exercises" that we have been doing to help stretch his intercostal rib muscles, and I just hope that he will continue on this path. He still doesn't tolerate having to use extra energy to do something that well...ie: crying, rolling over, having tummy time, etc. His respiratory rate gets ridiculously fast during these times and he has to work double time to get a good breath. I am anxious to find out how this will be as he gets older. My questions to the therapist and doctors lately have been along the lines of "Will he be able to run and play and climb like a normal kid or will he be short of breath during these times?" I hope and pray that he can improve enough with therapy to be able to do these things. He started rolling over from his stomach to his back consistently this past week. If you remember, he rolled over 3 times when he was just a few days old...something I contribute to just a fluke, I guess. He does it with purpose now, and it is so much fun to cheer him on as he tries so desperately to shift his body weight enough to get the momentum to roll onto his back. His therapist was pleasantly surprised by the amount of strength and control he has gained in his body this week. I see the Lord's hand on Nathan every day...strengthening him. Sometimes I waiver in my faith, but deep in my heart, I believe that God will heal my little man of his infirmities eventually. And that is my daily prayer for Nathan.
We are sincerely humbled and thankful for the countless prayers that have been and are still being said on our son's behalf. We have received numerous cards from churches and families saying that they are praying for Nathan. We saw some dear friends from a church in a different state this weekend who said that Nathan has been on their prayer list for the past few months. And one of Jay's colleagues called last week to find out if Nate was okay...he is friends with a family in Western Kentucky who had told him that they have been praying for our son. Jay's colleague had no idea of the problem previous to that conversation. We are humbled to tears about all of this. To know that so many of you care enough about our little family to lift Nate up in prayer gives an overwhelming feeling of heaviness in my heart. We are so thankful for you all. I believe that God has heard your prayers and answered them...and I believe that he continues to work in Nathan's life and answer these prayers.
Along with his weekly physical therapy appointments in May, Nathan will also be seeing the Neurologist (next Thursday), having another renal ultrasound to check the fluid on his kidneys, and seeing the Pulmonologist again. I pray that the Lord will grant his doctors wisdom and open their eyes to see what may be causing Nathan's breathing difficulties.

I took some pictures of Nate's room before he was born and forgot to post them on here, so here's one I took the other day. It was so much fun decorating his room in cowboy attire...complete with lariat, cowboy hat, and bandannas that I hot glued together to make a valance on his window. I may not know a stitch about sewing, but I sho' have mastered that hot glue gun.
(You want a picture, woman? Okay, I'll give you your picture!)

7 comments:

Dani on April 29, 2008 at 2:31 PM said...

I like his room, too cute!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!! I love the pictures!!

Love Ya, Beth

momof2princesses on April 29, 2008 at 5:08 PM said...

So cute! You could never post enough pictures of him! lol I love that last one, especially!

Wanda on April 29, 2008 at 5:29 PM said...

If that last picture will not make you smile, nothing will!
Wandy

Kaci said...

He has the most precious smile!!

Tara on May 1, 2008 at 10:45 AM said...

The first picture of Nathan, he really looks like Emma to me! Love the cute little hat pictures, especially the last one, you can just see his personality starting to show!

Brandy on May 6, 2008 at 2:20 PM said...

Wtg Nate on the rolling! Your room is adorable!
He goes back and forth from looking like Abby to looking like Emma. At least to me.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez