Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's amazing...


...that the promise of a Hershey's Kiss will make a 2 year old look this darn adorable:
She's been impossible to photograph lately, so I am way too excited about these shots of her. I have been trying to get some shots of Emma and Nathan since I was able to get some cute ones of Abby and Nathan a few weeks ago. She just happened to be in the right mood yesterday...or rather, she really really wanted some candy. She tries to sneak candy when no one is looking, and she is just so dang good at being sneaky. The double chin is compliments of me...and candy, I suppose. Genetics is a funny thing, and Emma and Nate both seemed to have gotten that "extra fat on your neck" trait from me. From Jay, Emma received the makings of a unibrow.

Me: (as I was inspecting the growing vanilla hairs on the missing bridge of her nose as I rocked her yesterday) Oh Em, you are going to have to pluck your eyebrows when you get older.
Emma: No Mama, don't pwuck my eye-bohws.
Me: I'm not...but you will eventually.
Abby: Yeah Emma, you have to or you'll have a universe.
Emma: I no wanna universe.
Me: She means "unibrow".
Emma: I no wanna unibrow.
Me: Then you'll have to pluck.
Emma: I no wanna pwuck.
Me: Whatever. She calls Nathan "Buddy Boo", and I just love hearing that teeny voice talking to her little brother. She's been a stinker these days...probably due to the fact that she's been waking up between 5 and 6 each morning...and because she is 2. These kid things that we have running around at our feet all day surely are a blast though...I love 'em all so much.

11 comments:

Christine on April 10, 2008 at 11:34 AM said...

Those are great pictures of Emma. She is such a little doll! My kids will do anything for a hershey kiss too ;)

Dana on April 10, 2008 at 11:52 AM said...

Must be in the air....the 5-6am thing...Darci's been up by 6am since Sunday!!! Grrr!

skye on April 10, 2008 at 12:19 PM said...

Emma is such a cutie pie. She looks like such a sweet (little bit!) big sister.

Tara on April 10, 2008 at 12:34 PM said...

I love the "unibrow" conversation, I was so laughing outloud! And the pictures are too cute, the 1st one is my fav!

momof2princesses on April 10, 2008 at 4:44 PM said...

So, so cute!!

StephthefutrRxDr on April 10, 2008 at 6:05 PM said...

beautiful photos as always, could u possibly tell me how you edit your photos? Do you only use natural sunlight? I'm asking because I'm an aspiring photographer and I'm going to be taking picture of my niece and nephew outdoors. Thanks if your able to help me.

amber on April 10, 2008 at 9:06 PM said...

Stephanie,
I tried to find an email address for you, but couldn't. Pop me an email and I'll send you a list of some books that are really helpful with natural light photography and I'll write more in depth about how I edit my photos. Not that I am trying to hide anything on here, but I know I will need more room to write. :)

And yes, I usually only use natural light (sunlight) for my shots. I will sometimes use lamps/lights/etc for indoor snapshots and very rarely use my flash.

My email: amberferrell@gmail.com

shalonda on April 10, 2008 at 11:26 PM said...

hahahaha! i love that she says "i no wanna..." girl i am so close to getting that 40d bc of you but i am trying to wait it out until the new 5d comes out in july....eeeeek!

leigh on April 11, 2008 at 8:31 AM said...

The secret is out on how you get such great kid shots! Hershey kisses. Now why didn't I think of that!

Beth on April 11, 2008 at 1:13 PM said...

Those are fabulous!! You are so great with the camera - plus you have some GREAT subjects!

Would you come hang out at my house and take some great photos of my girls?!?!?!!?

Toni on April 13, 2008 at 8:34 PM said...

Wow those pictures were well worth the wait and hersey kiss :) (that tactic doesn't work for me... as soon as I say the treat name, all bets off and he wants it NOW).

Beautiful babies!!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez