Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The middle child


She carried a bouquet of weedy flowers with her on our walk tonight and decided that she was bored along the way, so she ate the flowers right off their stems. Those things no longer surprise us since we still routinely spout out "Get that rock/leaf/grass/nail/shoe/hair thingy/pine needle out of your mouth!" She has been known to put soap in her mouth, gag and cry, and then put the bar of soap back in her mouth.

Her new "thing" is running up to us and smacking us on bare skin before examining her hand and saying "A moquita on you". Only in the south do 2 year olds become very familiar with mosquitoes.

She could look at books for hours each day.

She really has no desire to do anything physical.

She is often seen wearing a tank top, shorts, and a winter knit hat. Daddy even lets her out in public like that...mommy does not.

She absolutely can not put her shorts on right. We are often found scratching our heads at the fact that she puts them on backwards every single time. Her shirt is almost always backwards and inside out. Her shoes, mysteriously, are always on the right feet.

She could totally be our little flower child who walks around with stringy hair and doesn't bathe for days, really caring less about what others think of her...taste-testing the little 'shrooms she finds along the side of the river.

She refuses to sing, say her ABC's, or try to learn her colors...though we secretly sneak up behind her and just listen as she rhythmically recites everything when she thinks no one is watching.

She loves to cuddle and be rocked. She is always asking to be read to, and she will lay her head against your chest and listen to you sing for how ever long you will sit there.

She's getting so big...she's my Emmabear.

12 comments:

Tara on April 2, 2008 at 11:57 PM said...

But that's why we love our Emma. Love the video! And I was laughing outloud at the mosquito story.

Anonymous said...

Emma must enjoy every moment of life. She really loves to taste new things, I could hardly get Tara to try new food much less every thing else! HA Love your stories about every day life, keep them coming. Love Jolees Granna

Beth on April 3, 2008 at 9:17 AM said...

She sounds amazing!!!!

We live in South Alabama and my 2 1/2 year old knows what a Mosquito Hawk is! And the difference between them - "momma, moquito hawk eat moquitos"!!!

Emma sounds wonderful!!!

oh amanda on April 3, 2008 at 1:33 PM said...

*sniff* How sweet.

I adore the video. She's precious!

Emily on April 3, 2008 at 1:39 PM said...

She is just so sweet. When she was repeating Jay she totally sounded like Shirley Temple.

A Single Mom's Life on April 3, 2008 at 5:24 PM said...

Too freaking cute and so smart!

Amanda on April 3, 2008 at 5:35 PM said...

Amber I just had to comment b/c since Amelia was 2 I have always described her as my *flower child*. Amelia loves life and I love her for that.

Wanda on April 3, 2008 at 5:58 PM said...

Emma, she's one of a kind . . . she can melt my heart!
Wandy

Katie on April 3, 2008 at 6:07 PM said...

She is so stinkin' cute- her little voice, and she's so expressive. I just wanna pick her up and squeeze her! She reminds me of shirley temple. :)

momof2princesses on April 3, 2008 at 8:17 PM said...

I love it!! She is so cute. That video had me & my girls laughing.

Anonymous said...

dar dar said... I just love the video. She did sound like Shirley Temple.I miss you and little man at church but I sure have enjoyed my time with the girls while Daddy leads song service. Love Ya'll, Dar Dar

shalonda on April 5, 2008 at 12:14 PM said...

oh my word Addi loves to watch videos of emma, okay i love to watch them too, she is a silly little thang! thanks for sharing

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez