Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Nafey


He makes fish lips the exact same way Abby used to when she was a baby. He looks so intently at something (usually the ceiling fan) and squeezes his lips together like that...to which I always thank him for the invitation for a smooch, you know, since he is all puckered up and everything. Then he looks at me like I'm nutso...but I get that look from all three kiddos all day long, so I'm used to it by now.
He has a smile that will melt your heart, and he practices it quite frequently these days. I sometimes crack myself up at the high-pitched non-sense coming from my mouth as I try to desperately to get a sneak of that toothless grin. His cheeks are so big that they automatically squish his eyelids together each time he smiles...just like his Aunt Bethany, and nearly every other Gowens out there. Looks like that is a trait that is freely passed down from my side of the family (and another reason why we sometimes wonder if Abby was switched at birth). He has a dimple on his left cheek like Emma, and I just love to catch a peek at it every once in a while.He is starting to go a wee bit longer than every 2 hours between meals...even spoiling his mama some days by going a full 3 hours between a meal or two. Whoa, nelly! He will always be known as the child who taught me what sleep deprivation was really all about. Me no likey. He sleeps in his crib at night until his first feeding, where I seem to always fall back asleep on the couch with him and stay there until the next morning where we awaken to the rough indentations of the couch cushions on our faces. So technically, he's in his crib for 2 hours...score! He is getting stronger, slowly but surely. His legs are very strong, and his back seems to be strengthening as well. He is starting to gain more control with his neck and can lift his head for a couple of seconds at a time. His respiratory muscles still seem to be pretty weak, so I hope to get some idea of how to help strengthen them when his physical therapy starts soon. The referral system with our hospital called on Monday with his neurologist appointment: May 8th at 8:30am. With the wait time usually at around 6 months, we are thankful that we were able to get an appointment in a month.
He's growing so fast and putting on weight extremely well. We finally had to retire most of his newborn sized clothes this weekend, so he is officially in the 0-3 month size. I suspect he is a little over 10 pounds now...a far cry from the wee 6 pounder I gave birth to a little over 6 weeks ago. I've already forgotten how small he felt then. He loves to squish up in a little ball up against your chest and be rocked to sleep. He will carry on a mini-conversation of coos with you when he is awake. He's a sweetheart...our little Nafey.

6 comments:

skye on April 9, 2008 at 2:58 PM said...

Oh Amber, that little video made my uterus do somersaults! To have a wee one again - what fun! He is just precious!
And I loved hearing the girls cracking up in the background. SO sweet.

Michelle on April 9, 2008 at 3:47 PM said...

oh I'm so glad you posted a video! I wish we lived closer so our little boys could "play" together and have their older sisters dress them up LOL

His dimple is way too cute...and I know what you mean about the high-pitched squealing to get them to smile and/or coo! The things we do :)

Glad to hear you were able to get an appt at the beginning of May!

Liz on April 9, 2008 at 5:13 PM said...

Oh my dear goodness! His little "conversation" with you just makes me all weepy...eager for our little girl to join us so I can hear sounds like that too. He's so beautiful. The photo of him smiling is one to cherish forever indeed...

Anonymous said...

Oh he is just so adorable. I loved the video. Made me smile from ear to ear!! I too love the girls laughing in the background.

Linda

The Princess on April 9, 2008 at 8:49 PM said...

Yes, the girls laughing in the background is priceless! It's nice to hear how much they love their little brother. I liked watching the video too; he's hardly awake when he is at church...so seeing and hearing him talk and giggle is so sweet.
Great news about the appointment; God is so good!
Love you,
Ash (& Phillip)

momof2princesses on April 10, 2008 at 4:43 PM said...

I love that little smile! He's going to be a heart breaker when he grows up! lol

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez