Monday, April 21, 2008

Next step: Puberty


Notice anything different with the oldest child Ferrell? Except, of course, for the smokin' hot green bruise on her forehead that she got when she fell head first onto the concrete in the garage and screamed so fiercely that I was sure that a tiger had eaten her arm off?
Perhaps something that glistens and glimmers and makes one feel all Princess-like? Jay and I have always said that we would let the girls get their ears pierced when they asked to get it done...I just didn't realize that she would ask this early. So after about 4 days of repetitive questioning of when she could get them pierced and 4 days of me telling her that she could but it would feel like getting shots in her ears, we headed to the local Claire's boutique this past weekend where Miss Abigail picked out a ca-hute pair of pink flower earrings.
The lady who punched the holes into my child's ears with (crossing fingers here) sterilized utensils asked her if she was excited, to which Abby wrung her hands in anxious anticipation and gave out a pretty believable "Uh-huh". She then immediately whispered in her Daddy's ear: "I told her I was excited, but I really am nervous." She barely even flinched when they pierced her ears and immediately started laughing, which I totally believe was a cover-up to keep herself from crying. She was so brave, and her earrings are extremely cute. It just makes a mama sad to see her baby growing up. Abby: MOM! I was climbing on our gate and saw a big black snake beside me in the forest!
Me: (frantically locking all doors...you never know when those things are going to grow arms and open the doors to our house with intentions to taste a little human blood and kill us all. A bit dramatic maybe? You haven't seen these monsters around here.) What was it doing?
Abby: It was slithering around in the forest looking for people to bite.

That's my girl!

12 comments:

TracyVDM on April 21, 2008 at 8:58 PM said...

She is so pretty, Amber! Great shots!

The Princess on April 21, 2008 at 9:13 PM said...

Oh geez! The girl is growing up! She looks like a preteen already...make sure Jay keeps that shotgun ready! :) Did she get her ears pierced, or are those the stick ons? Can't wait to see you guys Sunday...it seems like forever!
Love ya!
Ash

amber on April 21, 2008 at 9:38 PM said...

I accidently posted the pictures before the story. Sorry gals! :)

StephthefutrRxDr on April 21, 2008 at 9:55 PM said...

I love them, Abby is one of the most beautiful little girls I've ever seen, and I'm not just saying that.

Jill Chandler on April 21, 2008 at 10:10 PM said...

What are you doing to me??! Giving Elizabeth more fuel for her case that I am the meanest mommy ever?!

Abby is too cute with her pink flowers!
Love you!

leigh on April 22, 2008 at 6:53 AM said...

That's so great! Rena wants to get hers pierced...kinda. She hasn't pressed the issue, so neither have I. Ironically, Rena had a fall almost exactly the same. You can see the shiner it left her with on my blog.

Christine on April 22, 2008 at 8:50 AM said...

awwww, what a beauty she is! love them!!

september on April 22, 2008 at 9:34 AM said...

How cute!! Bronte got hers done lst weekend, too (with the same earrings, lol).

Emily on April 22, 2008 at 2:55 PM said...

How brave of her! They look so sweet.

Tara on April 22, 2008 at 3:05 PM said...

They look beautiful Abby!

momof2princesses on April 22, 2008 at 6:04 PM said...

She's so beautiful! The earrings look great & it sounds like she was really brave! Good for her!

Staci on April 22, 2008 at 9:29 PM said...

What a brave girl! I'm too chicken to get mine done!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez