Saturday, May 31, 2008

Can you hear the age clock ticking backwards?


Jay signed up for a facebook account about a month ago, and I have spent that past month pretty much making snide remarks about it every time I see him on it. Idiotic little sayings like "You know, your hair isn't going to start growing back just because you are on facebook now" and "Hmmm, must be a pre-cursor to a mid-life crisis." But my favorite saying came from my brother: Facebook is "like the online fountain of youth." I know he said that because I get on Jay's facebook page all the time and that's where I read it.

Facebook is so dumb, I have to admit. Asking people to be your friend and writing on eachother's walls and having bumper stickers and whatever the heck it lets you do. Jay gets so excited everytime someone lets him be their friend, and I just laugh and laugh at the childish games kids play these days.

But Jay has been able to be in contact with some old friends from it, and he is a wealth of information all of a sudden about how everyone is doing and who has kids and how many and all the information that I love to be informed about. And I found out how to get on his account and read up on everyone in his circle of friends. But amidst my husband's jabs that I should join the cool kids and get a facebook account, I just don't have the time. I barely have time to blog these days and edit pictures, much less immerse myself in reading about the goings-on of my dear friends who I have lost contact with over the past few years. I can not join facebook. I will not join facebook. No, not gonna do it. No. No. No.



Ummm, will you be my friend?

13 comments:

September said...

Drink the kool-aid, lol.

StephthefutrRxDr on May 31, 2008 at 2:17 PM said...

haha I requested you as a friend. I have facebook, myspace, a flickr photo page, and a blog LOL

Christine on May 31, 2008 at 3:10 PM said...

You crack me up!!! I have a facebook account but have NO CLUE how to navigate it :) I will get is some day...

mollie on May 31, 2008 at 3:55 PM said...

I am starting a group (yeah right like I know how to do that!) on facebook...

"people who are too old and dorky to be on facebook" Yes,I am the president.

ps..thanks for being "my friend"

Gin on May 31, 2008 at 5:17 PM said...

LOL! I joined facebook a year ago and thought it was dumb too. I just logged on a few months ago for the first time and have found tons of old friends. It's been great reconnecting after all of these years.

Beth on May 31, 2008 at 9:41 PM said...

Consider it done :)

Kathy on May 31, 2008 at 11:36 PM said...

You are right but you just get sucked in! My excuse for joining? My son made me do it! But now all the doodlebug mommas are challenging each other in games and who am I to say no? lol.

TracyVDM on June 1, 2008 at 12:09 AM said...

You are too cute!

Anonymous said...

thanks for being my friend on facebook lol!

Bradley

Dani on June 1, 2008 at 11:00 PM said...

I'll be your friend!!!

oh amanda on June 2, 2008 at 8:51 AM said...

Looking for you now! ;)

Merrie on June 2, 2008 at 7:38 PM said...

I would be your friend if I had a facebook account. hehe My myspace page is my ignored toy ever since I found blogspot. :)

The Princess on June 6, 2008 at 5:08 PM said...

Been meaning to tell you...Phillip thinks I am a dork. A friend asked me to join a while back, and since then I have been kinda hooked...not TOTALLY, but kinda. The main reason I joined was because next year is our class reunion...found a ton of classmates and yet no one knows anything! :)

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez