Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Just another Tuesday evening


The girls have been delaying the act of falling asleep by playing for the past hour. I love hearing the laughter and squeals bellowing from their room, but the longer the clock ticks past their bedtime, the more my motherly/psychic ways show me a whiny future in store for our household...like in all day tomorrow. So I must be the big bad wolf and spoil all their fun.

I opened the door all gruff and abrupt-like to see Abby counting Emma's toes and tickling her each time she reached her littlest piggy toe. And then Emma told me that her tummy hurt because they were pretending to eat tree houses, whatever that means. And Abby sang me the new song that she and Emma made up. And they were just being so stinkin' adorable that I decided to get me some extra kisses and tell them to be a little quieter so they don't wake up their brother. It may be a whiny day tomorrow, but it is worth hearing those giggles a little bit longer.
We found out today that Nathan is being switched to a different physical therapist. Our therapist is going to be able to stay at home with her little son who is to be born in a couple of months, so a new therapist is coming to take over all of her patients...except Nathan. He is being transferred to a different therapist there who has worked with kids with breathing problems and is very familiar with the taping methods and exercises needed for their improvement. In fact, she is the one who showed me and our previous therapist how to correctly perform the daily exercises we do on Nate.
I absolutely hate that we are having to switch...I LOVE our current therapist. But I am indeed happy that she is able to stay at home with her new little one. Since we are being switched, we had to wait for an opening in Maria's schedule (the new therapist), and the new time is Tuesdays at 10:45, which is such a stinky time compared to the great 8:15 we have had for the past month. We've been scratching our heads regarding what we are going to do with the girls during this time, but we have wonderful friends who have offered to help. The Lord always provides...even through the normal kinks of life, he provides.
Nathan's neuro appointment is Thursday morning. Please keep him in your prayers. I pray that the neurologist's eyes will be opened to be able to decipher what is causing Nathan's breathing issues, but I also pray that we won't be discouraged if we hit another road block in this diagnostic process. This week is extremely busy, so I'll try to update when I can.

5 comments:

Mom of TWO Princesses on May 6, 2008 at 9:59 PM said...

I'm the same way with bed time. Emily has school in the morning, I love hearing their giggles & chatter, but at the same time, I know how early they have to be up, so sometimes I have to be the big bad Mommy.

I hope the new therapist works out!

Christine on May 7, 2008 at 8:16 AM said...

I will be praying for Nate on Thursday! I hope that you are able to get some answers. I am sure that the new PT will be great!

**When you get a chance, will you email me your email...with the new PC, my email address are not in my outlook and the old PC is sooooooo slow right now! So, THANKS for doing that :)

oh amanda on May 7, 2008 at 8:46 AM said...

I'll be praying on Thursday!

Dana on May 7, 2008 at 12:34 PM said...

That brought me back to the giggles that Tracy and I shared in my childhood room and was literally moved to tears. it is so wonderful that Abby and Emma are so close in age. They have been given the blessing of a lifetime best friend!

DidiLyn on May 7, 2008 at 7:21 PM said...

I stand in awe of your phoographic genius. And your kids are absolute dumplings!!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez