Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Just a little summary


I have had a few emails lately from some new readers asking a couple of run-of-the-mill questions of curiosity about our family, so I thought I would give a quick summary of the crazy kiddos living under this roof.

Abby. Well actually, it is Abigail...but usually only when she is in trouble. Ummmm, I take that back. Emma consistently calls her "Abby-gail" in the cutest little southern accent that she can muster. Abby's our first born. The quintessential "oldest child" who loves to pester her sister, loves to be bossy, and loves to be in control of any situation. She routinely hears "Are you tattling?", to which she often replies, "No, I'm just telling the truth." Abby also has one of the sweetest and most loving hearts of anyone I have ever known.
Miss Abby is the ripe ole' age of 4 years. She's our little monkey who is constantly having to be reminded that we do not jump on the furniture...though she can obviously climb any doorway she sees fit. Yeah, I don't see the reasoning in that either. She started going across monkey bars by herself when she was 3. And she is on the constant prowl for the best climbing tree to tackle. She's a daddy's girl to the fullest and can often be seen halfway under cars helping change the oil or with hedge clippers in hand to help with the yard.She learned how to play Uno a couple of days ago, which doesn't really seem to be that big of a deal except for the fact that "Oh my gosh, she is playing uno! She's grown!! When did this happen?" Abby also recently learned that picking scabs is oh, so fun. I threatened to put some medicine on her boo-boos if she didn't stop scratching off the scabs, so she started hitting them when they itched instead of scratching them. In theory, that's great, but now she randomly hits herself over and over again as we walk around in public.Emma. My little Emmabear. She is often referred to as "You little stinker!" She's 2...and very 2 right now. She's our fit-thrower, our complainer, our child who has made us cringe at the thoughts of our previous declarations that we would never have a whiny child. Yeah, don't you ever dare to say that. But she is also the funniest, cutest little cuddle bug ever. I just love hearing, "Mama, I wanna cuddle with you." Wherever you see Emma, Bear-Bear is close by. Bear-Bear is the very loved and very stinky companion that has rarely left her side since she was about 6 months old.Emma was the baby who put everything in her mouth...she hasn't out-grown that at all. She will examine an item over and over again but won't put it down until she has tasted it. Strange, I tell ya. I have to reprimand her daily about trying to feed Nathan goldfish crackers.
Emma received a big ole' hair cut tonight. It seems that when I get tired of the girls' hair soaking up half of the milk from their cereal each morning, I get a little scissor happy. I love this new look on Em, who clearly still insists on wearing winter pajamas at night when it is 80 degrees outside.
Nate...Oh, Nafey. My little man of many expressions. Nathan will be 3 months old on Saturday. He's still a red-head, and his eyebrows are even coming in with a red tint to them. I love it. He's an easy-going little dude who loves being around anyone who will pay him attention. He is quick to smile and quick to win over anyone who looks in his direction.
Nathan gained quite a bit of strength for the first time in a while last week. He started pushing himself up on his forearms again, batting at toys, and being able to keep his head steady for longer periods of time. But while he seemed to be strengthening in some areas, his breathing seemed to be getting more labored. He started turning grey around his eyes and mouth. He would pink up pretty easily afterwards, so we weren't too terribly worried.Our physical therapist also saw these "grey" episodes and checked his O2 sats...they were about 93-95 during these times. That's a decline from previous checks of his sats, but it still isn't horrible. She decided to put a call into Nate's pulmonologist. About 24 hours and 400 phone calls later, Nathan is set up for a pulmonary function test tomorrow morning at the hospital (we'll just be there for a few hours). They are going to decide if he needs a little bit of oxygen support at home. I'm hoping he was just having a rough week and he perks up fine (he hasn't had a grey episode all morning), but we'll figure out the next step after Friday's visit.Besides that, he's doing great. We're trying out a new crazy looking bottle for him to see if we can get him to eat a bit more, and he has adjusted so well to that. He ate 4 whole ounces for the first time ever this morning! Nathan has such a sweet disposition. I love that about him. And he tolerates his sisters' antics quite nicely...you've gotta be laid back to do that. He's our little Nateman.

14 comments:

Toney on May 22, 2008 at 10:29 AM said...

Amber, I keep you and family in my prayers, and think about you very often. You write with Christ-filled words that are so touching. Jeremiah 29:11 is the verse that is stamped in my daily life, I can't help but apply it to your family.

Continued prayers,
Toney (DB mom)

Jonatha on May 22, 2008 at 10:30 AM said...

I've been following your blog for a while, and I just have to tell you thank you. Your words and your walk with God throughout this "valley" are an inspiration. Your family is just beautiful and you are all in my prayers!

Dana on May 22, 2008 at 10:49 AM said...

I love everything you have to say about your kiddos. I now take back the words, "I will not have a whiney child" thanks to your advice! Emma has such a baby face again with her hair short! I LOVE it. Abby is getting prettier every day and I tell you Nathan is still the cutest little boy I have ever seen in my life!!!!

Kacey on May 22, 2008 at 11:23 AM said...

Thank you for sharing your life with us! The girls are beautiful as always (love Emma's new haircut!) and Nathan makes me smile every time I see his picture.

Continuing to keep you guys in my prayers. Hope Nathan's test reveals that everything is fine.

Dana on May 22, 2008 at 11:45 AM said...

Love Emma's new haircut! Y'all have a great weekend with your Church family! :)

oh amanda on May 22, 2008 at 12:06 PM said...

Love all of you! Praying for Nate!

shalonda on May 22, 2008 at 2:42 PM said...

okay first off the pic of miss a in the tree is spectacular! sendon i had to take a double take at e's new pic i thought it was a baby pic, her hair is too cuuuuute! and to little n, he is and will continue to show his strenght, i mean look who his mama is!...continued prayers

Kayla on May 22, 2008 at 3:02 PM said...

I love his little dimples on that last pictures. I also love hearing about all your little ones. I feel like I see you every day when I actually only read about your lives daily.

Tara on May 22, 2008 at 3:10 PM said...

Memma (as Jolee calls her) new haircut is adorable!

Mom of TWO Princesses on May 22, 2008 at 6:26 PM said...

Emma's hair is so cute! Really suits her. Praying for you all!

dana e. on May 22, 2008 at 6:34 PM said...

I work with Adele and grew up with Jay and Rachel. You definetely have a wonderful family! I am Donnie and Sara's daughter - Dana. I thoroughly enjoy your blog and I am praying for Nathan as well as your entire family daily. We have you all on our church prayer list. You are a very talented writer as well as a phenominal photographer! Stay strong and continue to give it all to the Lord. May God Bless, Dana

Amy on May 22, 2008 at 11:22 PM said...

Your family is adorable!

MJ said...

Thank you for introducing us to your family. Your girls are beautiful. I must admit your little Emma sucked me in. My sister's name was Emma. She passed away at the age of 3 from SMA. We called her Emmabear and she too carried around Bear-Bear. While our Emmas don't look alike, they certainly have a lot in common. You can see pictures of my Emma at www.our-sma-angels.com/emmabear
Hugs and love, MJ & Brenda too

April and Robert on May 31, 2008 at 5:30 PM said...

Amber and family, just wanted to say hi. We have been following your blog and your family for a while now. It is so wonderful to see the rich blessings in your life. When I saw your parents a while back was when you were expecting Nathan..they are so proud of you and your family as they should be. It is wonderful to see how we all grow up! You are in our thoughts and prayers..we sure miss you around here. Love to you always, April (Jackson) Goff

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez