Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mount Oxyclean


Last week's 4 Dr. appts, our annual meeting this past weekend, and having friends over at the first of this week seemed to put me a little behind with the laundry. Well, "a little behind" may just be a tab bit understated. The mountain of clean clothes needing to be folded was so grand that the girls climbed to the top, stuck a flag in it and named the mountain after themselves. Quite the expeditionists, those two. (not to be confused with "exhibitionist" that I had previously plugged into that sentence but decided to look up the definition due to the nagging feeling in the pit of my brain that that word just wasn't right there.)
The laundry got done...sort of, kind of, not totally finished yet. But at least we don't have to wear the pants with the broken zipper at the bottom of the drawer and the shirt with the sharpie marker mark across the chest for another day. Laundry is one of the many unending tasks we mothers deal with each day...when you get everything washed, folded and put away, it is time to tackle the next mount of pee-pee pants and clothes that suffered the last blow-out diaper. And people wonder why I let my kids run around half-naked a lot of the time.
Nathan rolled over for the first time in a month when some friends were over yesterday. It happened so fast and we chalked it up to "I don't think he meant to do that". He did it again yesterday evening. And three times in the middle of the night (I'm letting him sleep on his stomach again)...and three times today. He's rolling over again. I have been so excited to share this news with everyone I have talked on the phone with today...he's getting stronger. He's using his muscles. He's rolling over again!In fact, he is doing a lot of new things now. He's laughing...the poor child is extremely ticklish, so I make a point to tickle him over and over until I hear the deep chuckle that makes my heart swell. He is playing with toys now...grabbing them from his play thingy that he lays under (whatever that play thingy is called) and sometimes trying to put them in his mouth. We went swimming today and he thoroughly enjoyed kicking his legs and gliding through the water for a half an hour. He is eating a full 4 ounces for most feedings now and gaining a third chin and some more rolls on his thighs that are ripe for squeezing. I love it.But the best "new" task that my little man has mastered is the art of sucking his thumb. Genetics are a funny thing, it seems. Nate is our third thumbsucker...all three kiddos suck their left thumbs. Abby is currently trying desperately to kick the habit but keeps falling off the wagon when nighttime comes around. I secretly love that they suck their thumbs...I have a special place in my heart for thumbsuckers. So maybe it isn't genetics at all...nurture?Nathan is still having a couple of "grey" episodes a day, but they aren't happening nearly as often as they were last week. And he was able to sit in his bumbo again today without struggling to breathe. I don't know what any of this means, but gosh, we are so hopeful! It is amazing to see the daily improvement in him. God clearly has his hand on Nathan right now. He is hearing our prayers. Does this mean he doesn't have SMA? I don't know. Maybe he doesn't. I pray with everything in me that he doesn't. Or maybe God is strengthening him for this battle. Which ever it is, it is simply amazing to see the work our Lord is doing in our son. I stand in awe each day...

24 comments:

oh amanda on May 28, 2008 at 10:21 PM said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! I love hearing good news! I'm praying and praying it will be good news from now on!

Love you guys--got your card...thanks for the thanks! :)

Kayla on May 28, 2008 at 10:29 PM said...

I'm so happy to hear that you are seeing improvement. You are so encouraging to me in your faith. I loved all the pictures, but the one with Nathan in the Bumbo seat may be my favorite of any so far. That smile would win anyone. I'm sure God is looking down from heaven smiling right back thinking, "Wow, I did a great job on that one."

shalonda on May 28, 2008 at 10:31 PM said...

oh my word amber you scare me about this thumbsucking thing, lol! you knwo addi sucks hers and based on sonograms we think cheeks#2 will follow suit! okay can i say that last pic of nate is too cute for words! yea for getting stronger and rolling over!

Christine on May 28, 2008 at 11:14 PM said...

YAY!!! I am so glad that it wasnt a fluke yesterday!!! WOW, he was busy yesterday!! He scooches across his crib too! I know only time will tell, I continue to pray daily for him (and you all)! Thanks again for yesterday! I wish we could do that all the time!

Kacey on May 28, 2008 at 11:17 PM said...

Oh, yay! I'm so, so glad he's improving. I love hearing all the little things he's doing. It makes me happy!

Table of Stone on May 28, 2008 at 11:23 PM said...

What good news to hear that God is blessing! I'm a member a Zion Rest in Jasper,AL where Tara and Silas are originally from. We have been praying diligently and still are for Baby Nate. May God continue to shower down his blessings on your family

Mom of TWO Princesses on May 29, 2008 at 7:55 AM said...

Awesome, awesome news about Nathan rolling over & sitting in his seat again! YAY!

As for the laundry, it's a never ending chore here, too! UGH!

skye on May 29, 2008 at 8:37 AM said...

I am so happy that you are seeing some positive changes, Amber. What a victory!

A Single Mom's Life on May 29, 2008 at 10:22 AM said...

Ohhhh how wonderful! Yay Nathan! Sounds like he is progressing real well. Keep up the good work...little one!

Pictures are beautiful as always(I don't feel like I could ever tell you enough how beautiful they are and how jealous I am of your talent)...

And laundry...eh...Who needs laundry???;)

leigh on May 29, 2008 at 10:48 AM said...

Depending on how far behind you were on laundry, exhibitionist might have been an appropriate description!

StephthefutrRxDr on May 29, 2008 at 11:29 AM said...

oh my gosh you have no idea how happy that makes me! I've been specifically praying that Nathan would get his milestones back and gain strength and he has answered! This is wonderful news.

Merrie on May 29, 2008 at 12:41 PM said...

The power of prayer! Thanks for sharing these wonderful milestones! Yay Nathan!!

Kathy on May 29, 2008 at 12:54 PM said...

That is wonderful news! I pray for Nathan everyday and I will continue to do so.

Jill Chandler on May 29, 2008 at 1:04 PM said...

Praying the good turn of events will continue! Love that last picture!!
Love, Jill

Autryville on May 29, 2008 at 2:28 PM said...

Oh, Amber, I'm so happy to read this! I think your dad's thought that we "storm the gates of heaven" (do I have that right?) with prayer for Nathan is soooooooo working! Whether or not it's SMA, I'm thrilled for YOU that you're getting to see his strength building day by day. Thrilled! I think of him often during the day, but I especially think of him when I'm going to bed at night...and I pray so hard for him. Much love to you all!!

Doris on May 29, 2008 at 4:06 PM said...

Rejoicing with you. Those pictures are all so cute.

Trina on May 29, 2008 at 4:10 PM said...

Oh I'm so happy to hear the wonderful news. Praise the Lord! Our love and prayers are with you daily.

Brad, Trina, and Benjamin

Tara on May 29, 2008 at 9:08 PM said...

Praise the Lord! We are so excited, so grateful, and so happy, Nate is getting stronger by the day! We have missed ya'll! The pictures are great as always!

Emily on May 29, 2008 at 9:08 PM said...

Tears of joy!!! I can't even fathom what this would be like to go through. May God give you all the strength you need.

Tammy on May 29, 2008 at 11:06 PM said...

Glory Hallelujah! Nate's recent progress and demonstration of strength are encouraging beyond words to you, I know. God has heard our cries and will continue to do so for sure. We don't ever have to know what he had or even have a name for his ailments as long as he'll continue this way! So happy for you all and will continue to pray. I'd love to see you all sometime. So many miles in between, though.
Love,
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!! I'm sure your latest blog has brought many, many smiles to a lot of people. I give God all the glory. We'll keep praying for continued progress for little Nathan....and for strength for you to get your laundry done so you all won't be exhibitionists. :-)
Love from
Aunt Geraldine

Dawn on May 30, 2008 at 9:16 PM said...

Oh, Amber, it sounds like Nathan is doing so well! Lily sucks her left thumb, too. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh Amber, so wonderful to hear some improvement.. Still sending many prayers.

Cora

Shanna said...

Amber, sorry I'm late geting to this, but I'm so excited and hopeful each time I hear good news. I pray so hard for him and your family every day.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez