Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Must be a third child thing


Heavens no, I would never let my child's first taste of real people food be chocolate pudding. Nah, my child's first taste of real people food happened this past weekend when we took a family detour into Coldstone Creamery. Seems that Mr. Nateman enjoys the coffee lovers ice cream thingamajig they make over yonder. Chocolate pudding would be his second taste of something other than the liquidly goodness that comes from me.

The goatee'-esce appearance would be from him trying to shovel his fist into his pudding hole in an attempt to figure out where this velvety chocolate concoction had been all his life...all 2-1/2 months of it, anyway. Don't let the amount around his mouth fool you...he didn't get much.
The red eyes...well, that's the precursor to a nap.
There have been so many people who have helped us over the past few months by watching the girls so I don't have to lug them to the many doctor appointments Nathan has had, but I have to give a special shout out to Tara and Jolee who have made the hour+ trip down here about once every other week to play and babysit for a little while. Tara and I have become incredibly close over the past few months, and her friendship means so much to me.

I had a morning full of doctor appointments on Tuesday and Jay was out of town, so Tara and Jolee came down to spend the night so she could keep the girls for me starting bright and early the next day. We took this opportunity to take Jolee's 2 year old pictures. It was the perfect evening, and Miss Jolee was so sweet. She especially enjoyed looking at the "pish" in the nearby lake...I just love this age when they start talking up a storm. The next day as they were leaving, Jolee gave a big hug and said "Bye. I love you!" and it melted my heart like it does when my own kids say it. Thanks for being here for us, guys!
**More on the photography blog**

6 comments:

Mom of TWO Princesses on May 7, 2008 at 11:44 PM said...

I love that little chocolately grin!

The pictures are awesome!

oh amanda on May 8, 2008 at 8:22 AM said...

Oh my @Nate & chocolate! LOL!

Gary B. on May 8, 2008 at 11:43 AM said...

What's wrong with pudding and ice cream being his first real people food?

Christine on May 8, 2008 at 1:39 PM said...

Jolee is beautiful!!! I am so glad that you have someone to help you out like that!

Candace said...

Nathan is getting SO big! And the chocolate - hysterical. You've got quite the cute bunch of kiddo's over there.

Tara on May 8, 2008 at 5:48 PM said...

Awe Amber, they are SOOO GOOD! I know I'm a little partial seeing how that's my girl, but you did an amazing job! Love them and cant wait to see more! We love you guys and Jolee thinks of you as her 2nd Mommy!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez