Monday, May 19, 2008

Occupational Therapy


"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him." Psalm 28: 7
I received a call this morning from the financial coordinator at the pediatric therapy place here. Our insurance doesn't cover Nathan's upcoming occupational therapy appointments. And they are expensive. Really expensive.

She told me the cost of everything and asked what I wanted to do.

If Nathan does indeed have SMA, he will more than likely have to have a feeding tube inserted pretty soon. His current feeding difficulties will make that time sooner rather than later. I told the lady to cancel his OT appointments and we will re-evaluate everything when we get the genetic testing back.

I hung up the phone and just cried. We had hit our first road block. And it was tough. "Lord, see us through this" was my quick prayer as I regained my composure and then opened the door to the room where I needed to finish my conversation with the girls as to why taking things away from each other and screaming at each other aren't acceptable.

About half an hour later, the phone rang again. It was the financial coordinator at the therapy place again. She told me that Nathan really needed this occupational therapy to help prolong us having to get a feeding tube for him. They decided to do Nathan's evaluation visit (the most expensive) for free and then give us a very discounted price for any subsequent visits he may need.

Praise God!

I hung up and just cried all over again...not from being overwhelmed or heart broken or upset. These were tears of joy and happiness. And thankfulness.This weekend was wonderful. For two days, we were surrounded with church family who we love so much. It is always a joy to be around them all, but this weekend was exactly what we needed. We felt their love and prayers, and it was just so uplifting. This upcoming weekend is our annual meeting at church, and I am so excited to be around those who we love so dear for an extended portion of time.

18 comments:

Dana on May 19, 2008 at 1:39 PM said...

Praise the Lord! :)

Laura on May 19, 2008 at 2:19 PM said...

Amber,
Praise the Lord! What an answered prayer! We really missed seeing you all this weekend and can't wait for the meeting this weekend!
Laura

Kelly Spezzano on May 19, 2008 at 3:45 PM said...

God Moves in a mysterious way, His wonders to perform. He plants His footsteps on the sea and rides upon the storm.

Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take, The clouds ye so much dread
Are big with mercy and shall break
In blessings on your head.

Praise the Lord!

Kayla on May 19, 2008 at 4:12 PM said...

Praise God for hearing our cries to him, and sometimes answering quickly with a bit of relief. You are a strong Mommy. God blessed you today. I'm praising him with you.

Tracey on May 19, 2008 at 4:16 PM said...

That's so awesome how God is working! Keep your head up and try to stay positive! :)

Gin on May 19, 2008 at 4:28 PM said...

Wow, Amber. Truly God working his miracles for your family.

Doris on May 19, 2008 at 4:29 PM said...

He is good. :-)

Dani on May 19, 2008 at 4:54 PM said...

Praise the Lord, for each and every small (or in this case not so small) blessing. I can't wait to see ya'll this weekend at the meeting. David told the Church on Sunday that it was good to be with ya'll this weekend, and that Nate is beautiful. Can't wait to see him.

Christine on May 19, 2008 at 5:30 PM said...

That is wonderful news!

Mom of TWO Princesses on May 19, 2008 at 7:01 PM said...

How Awesome is God? Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I think I have talked to the Lord about every few minutes today starting with this morning when my alarm clock went off. I can't even begin to thank Him for His tender mercies. Praise Him Praise Him. I love you all so very much. I wish I could make it all go away but I know we serve a Savior that can.
Much love!
Sister Dina

The Princess on May 19, 2008 at 10:00 PM said...

We serve a great God! He is worthy of praise! Looking forward to a great weekend with you all too! Hugs and kisses!
Ash & Phillip

oh amanda on May 19, 2008 at 10:33 PM said...

Always praying for Nate!

Dawn on May 20, 2008 at 12:28 AM said...

Darlin', a good annual meeting is exactly what you need right now. May you have a blessed weekend.

Anonymous said...

Praise be to God! His mercies endureth forever. You and your little family have been so heavy on my mind. We are praying for you.
Love,
Sis. Jess (Timpee's mommy)

Lil. Bit on May 20, 2008 at 3:01 PM said...

Sister Amber,
You are constantly in my families prayers as well as the group of students at my school in our christian club. We meet at the pole every morning and Baby Nate is in every prayer. It such a great thing to have church family by your side. Lord willing, we will see you this weekend.
Bethany

Tammy on May 21, 2008 at 2:29 PM said...

O bliss of the purified!
Bliss of the pure!
No wound hath the soul that
His blood cannot cure.
No sorrow-bowed head but may
sweetly find rest,
No tears but may dry them on
Jesus's breast.
O sing of His mighty love,
Mighty to save.

Amber, we are in continual prayer each day that God might be glorified through your trials and that He would grant healing for Nathan. We all desire to share your burdens and make your load easier to bear.
Your cousin,
Tammy Schack

Katie on May 21, 2008 at 2:41 PM said...

My heart is so heavy for you. Heavy with thanksgiving that you know and have Jesus always- no matter what- and heavy with pain, too. I guess you will not know which type until the tests come back? And will that matter? What is the difference between the two types in severity?

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez