Friday, May 30, 2008

The self-centered world of a two year old


She wakes up every morning proclaiming to everyone in the house, "TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!" She then makes requests for the Happy Birthday song to be sung to her at least 3 times during breakfast, and then tells me she wants cake so she can blow out her candles. After spending the last 2 weeks trying to explain to her that her birthday isn't for another 7 months, I have given up and decided to play along with her. "Okay, whatever you say. Happy Birthday, sweetheart. Remind me to make you a cake later on."

By late afternoon, she always comes to me with her sad face on saying "I forgot to blow out my candles today". It's quite pitiful. I usually laugh (because it is also quite cute) and tell her that she can blow her candles out on her birthday. Satisfied with that answer, she gleefully hobbles along to the next self-centered activity...usually dancing around the livingroom like Cinderella and asking me to tell her over and over again she she is "the most beautiful princess in the world".

Someday I am going to make her a cake with candles on it just because...that should throughly confuse her.
PS...Grandparents, Great-Grandparents and the like: I ordered pictures of all three kiddos for ya yesterday. You should receive them in the next couple of weeks.

PPS...I may be scarce next week. We will have friends and family staying with us for the next 8 days (not all at the same time though), and we can't wait to see everyone! I'll try to update when I can.

11 comments:

Mom of TWO Princesses on May 30, 2008 at 10:44 AM said...

Love that picture, she is so adorable! Enjoy your week with family & friends!

Kathy on May 30, 2008 at 12:41 PM said...

That's funny, we are going thru the same thing. She always says "happy 2 cake?!" Aren't they a bundle of joy and frustration all at the same time?

Cassie on May 30, 2008 at 1:50 PM said...

I dont personally know you but I have been following your blog for a while now. I love it! I love your writing and your kids and your photography! Dont be afraid...You are an inspiration to a new mom- I just had my first, a boy, 2 weeks ago. Anyway, I was talking with my mother-in-law and we were saying we didnt know how you blogged so often with so much going on! She mentioned she thought she read somewhere that you do it while nursing ? Do you use a sling? If so, which one? I need some more time to use my hands and that would be a life saver!
Nathan is in our prayers and I am glad to hear about his recent successes! Thank you for sharing so much of your precious children with us!

Kim on May 30, 2008 at 2:11 PM said...

They are aren't they, self-centered. Noah's favorite word right now is "mine", and phrase, "my turn". I think the only reason they are so cute at this age is so we don't wring their little necks:)

Christine on May 30, 2008 at 2:14 PM said...

And she TOTALLY deserves to have a cake with candles just because...because she is the most beautiful princess in the whole world :) Have a great time with your company!

The Princess on May 30, 2008 at 2:19 PM said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Emma wanting to be a princess!!! After all...she hangs with one of the best of them! ;)
Love ya,
Ash

Candace said...

She is so cute - and she looks so much like Abby in that picture! And happy birthday to her ;)

Danielle on May 30, 2008 at 4:12 PM said...

Amber - I think she is trying to tell you that every day is a reason to celebrate her birth, by golly. :-) She is too darn cute. They are all precious

Anonymous said...

What the heck..... Happy Birthday (7 months early).... Too cute....

oh amanda on May 30, 2008 at 8:10 PM said...

Lydia is EXACTLY the same. One day this week she called me "Queen" all day long and if I accidentally called her "baby" or "Lydia" she'd correct me and say, "I a P'incess".

And her favorite game? Birthday Party...complete with 50 presents, guests and cake.

They're twins.

Brandy on June 5, 2008 at 7:31 AM said...

Since Cade's birthday party Darcy has insisted it is her birthday now. Who doesn't like a birthday party :)

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez