Tuesday, July 1, 2008

8 years


8 years ago today on a hot summer Saturday afternoon in Lexington, Kentucky, I took a vow before God and friends and family to love, honor, and be a help-meet to the most wonderful man I had ever met for as long as we both shall live. After a few years of secretly writing "Amber Ferrell" on scraps of paper just to see how the name I wished for looked together, July 1, 2000 was the first day I could legally write it just like I had practiced. Oh, what a happy day!
The past 8 years have brought happiness, saddness, laughter and tears, and I am so incredibly thankful that God has blessed me to experience all of it with a husband who I can truly call my best friend. Someone whose arms wrap around me with ease when I need a hug. Someone who listens to me ramble on about this or that and who laughs when I mix up words or say the wrong thing. Someone who cleans out the van every week even when he knows that I am the one that messes it up. Someone who values the relationship with our little family and puts that family first before work or pleasure. Someone who brings me a surprise every time he goes to the grocery store for something...be it a magazine, some flowers, or a bag of gummi worms. Someone who the girls literally run to when they hear the door open each evening as he comes home from work. Someone who I love spending every single minute we can have each day to be together, just enjoying each other's company and presence.
(Oh yes, I am fully aware that I look like I am 12 here, and Jay has more hair, and from a photographer's point of view, that watch needs to go! Dude, and you can totally tell how uneven my eyes are here. Good times, good times.)

The past few months have been difficult for our little family, but I am so thankful that God blessed us with each other. I couldn't even begin to imagine going through these trials with anyone else. But even though our marriage is strong, we knew that it was a prime time for Satan to get in between us, so we have prayed diligently for strength in our marriage along this difficult journey. God continues to bless. It is truly amazing.

I love you, Jay. You are such an unselfish, kind man. You have a heart of gold. You are an incredible husband and father. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for marrying me. Happy 8th Anniversary!!
(Looking a little older than 12 here, less hair for the hubs, goggles to hide the uneven eyes, and a little more meat on our bones. And still, good times, good times.)

26 comments:

Dana on July 1, 2008 at 12:10 PM said...

Happy Anniversary!! :)

Rodney Chandler on July 1, 2008 at 12:27 PM said...

Rookies!
(It's 17 years for us on 7/6!)
Happy Anniversary!
Rodney

Toni on July 1, 2008 at 12:59 PM said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Jonatha on July 1, 2008 at 1:51 PM said...

Happy Anniversary! I think you've gotten prettier with age - and not many of us can say that! My hubby and I will celebrate our 8th on the 15th - YAY!

Jill Chandler on July 1, 2008 at 2:01 PM said...

Happy Day!

oh amanda on July 1, 2008 at 2:04 PM said...

Happy Anniversary! What a sweet post---and I think you guys look your best yet!

Mom of TWO Princesses on July 1, 2008 at 2:14 PM said...

Happy Anniversary Amber & Jay!!

Meg said...

Happy Anniversary! What a sweet family you have!

Dawn @ My Home Sweet Home on July 1, 2008 at 3:00 PM said...

Jay doesn't look like he's changed, which is a good thing to say about a man; you look even better, which is a GREAT thing to say about a woman! :-)

Kayla on July 1, 2008 at 3:22 PM said...

Happy Anniversary. I loved the comparison pictures.
Kayla

Tracey on July 1, 2008 at 3:41 PM said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Many, many more...

Linda

skye on July 1, 2008 at 4:29 PM said...

Happy Anniversary, Mr & Mrs Ferrell!!!
Waht a sweet post - love the comparison pictures.

Emily on July 1, 2008 at 4:43 PM said...

I love seeing old pics. You guys are so cute! Happy 8th!

Tara on July 1, 2008 at 6:12 PM said...

Happy 8th Anniversary Jay and Amber! Here's to you and wishing you many, many more happy years together!

Christine on July 1, 2008 at 11:01 PM said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Liz on July 2, 2008 at 8:54 AM said...

Awwwww....happy anniversary!

Jade Cook on July 2, 2008 at 9:10 AM said...

I remember that hot day 8 years ago! I can't believe how times flies! I love your wedding picture! You all looked so happy then and still do today! Happy Anniversary!

Doris on July 2, 2008 at 11:31 AM said...

I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating your love.

xoxo

The Whitsitt Family on July 2, 2008 at 12:06 PM said...

That is very sweet. Hope you had a nice anniversary. Today is my 4 year wedding anniversary.

Jennifer on July 2, 2008 at 1:47 PM said...

Hope you had a very happy anniversary!

Brandy on July 2, 2008 at 4:31 PM said...

It is great to have a little glimpse into your wedding day.
Happy Anniversary!

Beth on July 2, 2008 at 6:42 PM said...

That was very sweet! Hope y'all had a great day!

Katie on July 2, 2008 at 7:58 PM said...

Aww, Happy Anniversary!!

ricker on July 3, 2008 at 1:12 AM said...

Keep keeping on with your marriage. Keep looking to God for your every need. When it seems all will be lost tomorrow in the marriage, wait it out, go for that extra day, decide now that divorce is not an option (and, yes, murder is against the law). Trouble will come, there will be a low point where you both will think you just cannot go on. My advice? Go on! It is better farther on (repeat it like Dorothy repeated "there's no place like home" in The Wizard of Oz).

I know for a fact because 8-13-08 will be 31 years for Joyce and Rick Leasure!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary,Amber and Jay!!
What a lovely and happy pair you are!
Uncle Travis and I will be married 50 years on Oct. 17. I still can't believe where all the years have gone. We just returned from an Alaskan cruise that our children and grandchildren planned as an early celebration. The best part was that they all went along too, except for one granddaughter who stayed behind to work on her doctorate in PT at Texas Tech in Lubbock.
If you ever get a chance, go on that cruise. It was wonderful!!
Love,
Aunt Geraldine

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez