Monday, June 23, 2008

And this week continues our busiest month of the year


Jay headed on down the road a bit to spend the week at a meeting in Vancouver...as in Canada...as in had to get a passport with a funny looking photo and everything and travel literally across the country. Neither one of us thought to check the weather over yonder before he packed, so he showed up in usual Florida gear of shorts and a t-shirt. I mean, it's summer...everywhere is hot in the summer.

It's currently 56 degrees in Vancouver. But he says it is absolutely gorgeous there. Very Beastly. Here, where it is a good 40 degrees hotter, I am nursemaid to a little munchkin with a fever that soars as high as 104 degrees every once in a while. Miss Emma had a fever come on so suddenly yesterday that she got sick to her stomach. Visions of a nasty stomach virus sweeping through our camp danced in my head, but thankfully it seems that the emptying of contents from her esophageal region was due to her fever spiking...or else, that's what my motherly instincts have told me.

My good friend, Dawn Brantley, and her son were coming to spend the week with us, so I made the prefunctory heads-up call that we are plagued with somethingoranother. The saint decided to come anyway and risk exposure to the mystery fever. Thankfully, Emma's fever is starting to drop. In the meantime, she is getting her fill of an all-day tivoed Dora the Explorer marathon and shouting out "Ma, (in her best Jersey with a southern flair accent) I need a cheese-stick!"

We're having a good ole' time up in here...mystery fever and all.

8 comments:

Christine on June 24, 2008 at 7:49 AM said...

I hope that kiddos are feeling better soon!! Have fun with your friend and her visit!!

Jill Chandler on June 24, 2008 at 8:52 AM said...

Hope Emma is feeling up to par soon so she can enjoy your visitors, too!
Jill

Mom of TWO Princesses on June 24, 2008 at 9:44 AM said...

Aww... I hope she's feeling better soon!

Merrie on June 24, 2008 at 11:36 AM said...

Poor little munchkin -- hope she feels like herself soon! Our son had a mystery fever last weekend, and then it just went away. Funny how their bodies fight something unbeknownst (sp?) to us sometimes.

~sydney~ on June 24, 2008 at 3:53 PM said...

Ok Amber! Emma may not be feelin' good but that is THE CUTEST PICTURE of her sitting in her little panties! I hope she feels better soon! Have fun with Dawn! I love you guys!

mollie on June 24, 2008 at 10:25 PM said...

AAAHHHH...I feel like I sent you E-germs. Riley had rotavirus last week and was sick for 5 days. She lost so much chub that I had to demote her to size 3 diapers. Very scary. I hope miss chap stick feels better soon! Tell Dawn I said hi & we miss them, too!

Julie on June 26, 2008 at 4:45 PM said...

Hope the kids are feeling better. Tell Dawn and William hello and to have a svae trip back to Ga.

The Princess on June 29, 2008 at 9:31 PM said...

Dude, every time you write any form of the word "Beast", I laugh...and now Phillip says it...to make me laugh and think of you!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez