Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Psalm 63


"Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice." Psalm 63:7

"Shadow of thy wings"

I smile every time I read that. Shadow of thy wings. We have clearly been in the shadow of his wings. And we are rejoicing. It is an incredible feeling.
Jay and I were discussing the other day that regardless of what God has planned for our family in the future, we will look back on these days with fondness...with happiness. Yes, it is hard at times. Yes, we still have days that are more difficult than others. But it is also a happy time for our little family. The girls are playing more cordially with each other than they have been for the past few weeks. We laugh and sing and tell knock-knock jokes and spend a lot of the day in our bathing suits running through sprinklers and slip-n-slides. Nathan is growing and developing wonderful skills each and every day. It has been heart-warming to see him strengthen in different areas. He's such a happy little boy and is just enjoying the day from the moment he wakes until he is fast asleep for the night.

Amidst the current circumstances regarding Nathan in the sometimes frustrating period of waiting and wondering, we are indeed happy. And that happiness is only because our God has placed us in the shadow of his wings. Again, a thought and feeling that can only put a smile on our faces.Nathan's physical therapist was simply elated to see the incredible progress he has made since she last saw him 2 weeks ago. She just kept saying "Look at him! Wow! Look at him!" Now that Nate has made such an incredible improvement in the top half of his trunk area, we are now having to put a lot of our work into the bottom half: his hips. We are hoping to help loosen his hips over the next few weeks with exercises and a contraption that makes him look like the Little Mermaid without the shell top. Our therapists are also walking us through some red tape with our state's "children's medical services" to hopefully get Nate funded for some additional occupational therapy to help some of the fine motor skills he is lagging a little behind on.He is doing well. He smiles and laughs and loves to be the center of attention. I love seeing the way he reacts to people and learns more and more each day. I love the way his "coos" change when he is clearly ready to be finished with whatever therapy we are doing with him at the time. I love taking time to just rock him and rub that fuzzy head of his. And I even love turning my head to my left shoulder (aka: the burping shoulder) and inhaling the smell of the sour milk that seems to be my everyday perfume these days. I love watching him sleep...with is left thumb in his mouth and his right hand resting on his head. I love this little man in our lives.

Yes, these are happy days.

9 comments:

mollie on June 3, 2008 at 10:49 PM said...

YAY I'm first!
PLEASE PLEASE Kiss that sweet little puckered up mouth.
I know you have done it a million times today, but do it again. For me! He's so sweet.

Candace said...

Amber, when do you find out Nathan's test results? You have been on my mind so much the last week or so and I have been praying for you anytime you and Nathan cross my mind. It's so encouraging to see the strength that the Lord is giving you in the face of such a giant. I only hope to be as steadfast and strong if I have to tackle something like this. Will keep praying...

Jill Chandler on June 4, 2008 at 7:35 AM said...

I am so thankful that you not only are in the shadow of His wings, but that you feel that comfort of His shadow.
I love the pictures and love you all,
Jill

Mom of TWO Princesses on June 4, 2008 at 8:34 AM said...

I'm so glad to hear that Nathan is doing better. I'm glad you are finding comfort, as well!

Dana on June 4, 2008 at 9:01 AM said...

You make me cry with just about every blog you write!! What a beautiful post!

BabyKayla on June 4, 2008 at 2:52 PM said...

Amber,

I just found your blog and read that your sweet little boy may be diagnosed with either SMA or congenital myotonic dystrophy. I am so sorry that you are going through this and I'm sure the waiting is painful. I completely understand. My baby girl was diagnosed at 46 days old in 2005 with congenital myotonic dystrophy. She is almost 3 now and the most amazing blessing in our lives. I know that God will hold you in his hands as he did with us on this incredibly tough journey. I know you don't know me but I'm hear if you ever want to talk. Also, I helped to start a new foundation recently for myotonic dystrophy so if you want to learn more or find support, let me know. Our website is www.myotonic.com

Kayla and I will say a prayer for your beautiful family tonight.

God bless,

Lisa
Baby Kayla's Mom
email: lisa@global.t-bird.edu

TracyVDM on June 4, 2008 at 4:07 PM said...

I am always so excited when I see you've posted something new. Your posts brighten my day. Your strength and courage are truly inspiring. We continue to keep you guys in our prayers.

About the slip & slide, how does Emma do with it? I had eyed them in the store but figured the kids would kill themselves on it...but if your girls are doing well with it, especially Emma...then maybe we're going to have to get one to enjoy! :) (you don't have to answer me here, you can just drop me an email or message me on facebook. )

Christine on June 4, 2008 at 10:23 PM said...

Look at him!!! he is doing so wonderful!! I am just loving the way he is sitting up and coming up on his arms!! WTG nate nate!!!

shalonda on June 5, 2008 at 10:23 AM said...

oooooh i love that all 3 of your kids suck their thumbs! i love happy days! may He continue to watch over yall

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez