Monday, June 9, 2008

Questions Answered


I have had a few people ask questions either in the comments or through email about some aspects of the things I talk about on here, so I thought I might try to answer a few of them on here tonight...in other words, no one around here did anything interesting today (unless, of course, you count the girls having 2 baths today because they just smelled funky for some reason "interesting") and my brain is too mushy to think of anything better to write about.
Numeral Uno: "When do you expect the results of the genetic blood tests on Nathan?" If you remember correctly, the neurologist had him tested for SMA and Myotonic Dystrophy. A couple of weeks ago, we received results on his Creatine Kinase levels...they are normal. If I remember what the neurologist said correctly, those results being normal cancel the possibility of him having Myotonic Dystrophy. However, CK levels are usually normal in children with SMA.

According to our neurologist's nurse, they hope to receive the genetic results back before our next appt...July 3rd. She told me to call her at the end of this month if she doesn't call before then. Thankfully, our calendar for this month is full to the brim, so there isn't much waiting by the phone whilst twiddling our thumbs. My heart still skips a beat every time I think of that phone call coming though.
Numeral Dos: "When do you find the time to blog?" Well, it is currently 11:06pm up in this hood, and my pillow is calling my name. I will soon be finished here, give Nathan a twilight bottle to help tide him over a little longer until his next feeding, and then crawl under the covers and be asleep within 30 seconds. I try to get all of my computer work done in the evenings when the kiddos are all tucked away...editing pictures, blogging, trying my hardest to stay on top of emails. I do check certain things throughout the day for a few minutes at a time, but I try to stay off as much as possible when the kids are playing. On the rare treat of a day, all three kiddos will be resting at the same time for a little while in the middle of the day, and I jump on that time like a, like a, like a grasshopper who likes to jump on things. Yeah. Beast.
Numeral Tres: "What kind of camera do you have?" I have a Canon 40D SLR camera. For those who enjoy a little camera talk, my favorite lenses are the 50mm 1.8f, the 85mm 1.8f, and the 100mm 2.8f. I love fixed lenses because the glass is better in them, giving the picture a more crisp look to it. I shoot primarily in manual mode, and I use available natural light. I edit my pictures in Photoshop CS2, and I print them through a couple of online printers. If you have any specific questions, please email me.
And I have a question for you all: How do you get a sassy 2 year old to stay still for a second so you won't feel so bad putting so many pictures of her brother and sister online and so very few of her?

13 comments:

Kim on June 10, 2008 at 8:20 AM said...

I'm dying to know the answer to the sassy two year old question - let me know when you've mastered that one. The only time I get a picture of mine is if he is playing with trains, which means I get the top of his head and not his face.

Love the cup, where did you find it?!

Christine on June 10, 2008 at 9:03 AM said...

wait til Nate is a stubborn 9 year old boy who refuses to let you get a picture and they you feel guilt because of all the girly pictures...it will happen my friend. Oh and for the 2 year old, up the ante on the M&M's...little bit of chocolate is GOOD for the little soul :)

Anonymous said...

LOL at the two year old...that's probably why Davis is the most overphotographed second child. I got a good camera as my "mommy gift" when he was born and Bronte moved too darn quick to really enjoy playing with it.

September

Amanda on June 10, 2008 at 12:18 PM said...

You are too funny girl!
I also LOVE that cup and want to know where you got it. Although, I highly doubt I could get my chubby bubby in it but little priss might fit just perfectly. That is IF I could get her to be still for 2 seconds!

VanderbiltWife on June 10, 2008 at 2:39 PM said...

I don't know, but when you do take pictures, your 2-year-old is the cutest thing I've ever seen. :)

Kathy U on June 10, 2008 at 4:18 PM said...

If you get your 2 year old questions answered. Maybe, you can get a few answers for me about parenting a 20 year old and a 15 year old. The questions, they just keep a changing.:) I wish we had all the answers.
sis kathy

Jill Chandler on June 10, 2008 at 4:22 PM said...

Good luck with that 2 year old picture thing! I remember my first's two-year-old portrait session... Set him down, lunge back, let the photographer snap... New prop, repeat...new prop, repeat... We're done here. Giving up. Praying for a decent facial expression on one of the three. And all Daddy could say was, "Why's he sitting on that airplane thing?" Thanks so much!

After I had more than one child, Daddy had to start meeting us at the portrait place on his lunch hour!! Daddy ALWAYS helps kiddos be still.

:) Jill

Kayla on June 10, 2008 at 4:40 PM said...

Have you tried moving the camera at the same rate that the two year old is moving?

Toni on June 10, 2008 at 6:29 PM said...

I have a 2 year old like that too!!

Great Photo's

Great Blog Post!!

Thinking of you all.

Anonymous said...

hey amber! i love your blog SOOOO much and i read it every time you post! but....i never comment bacause i've had dial up!!! ugh!! but....today i FINALLY GOT HIGH SPEED! yay! kiss the babies for me and i hope to see you soon!

love always,
sydney sanders

ps- your a BEAST!

Anonymous said...

Lord help us if we ever get Heath and Emma together. I'm teasing, I think they'd hit it off instantly...and we would have blurry pictures to document it!

~ Becca H

shanna said...

As for the sassy 2 year old question... say things like "cookie" "balloon" or throw toys in the air... works for us, once every 8 or 9 week anyway.
Love the pictures!!!

Lori on June 13, 2008 at 1:47 AM said...

Most of the recent pictures of my DD2 -- who, if I recall correctly, is just a wee bit older than your DD2 -- have been taken while she was SLEEPING, having crashed on the loveseat in the playroom before I got around to taking her upstairs for her afternoon nap.

If you insist on having pictures with her eyes open, my other suggestion involves WATER. [Got a waterproof lens? LOL] Lately, when my DD2 suspects that no one is watching her, she often heads right for a sink (once, with disastrous results). Our kitchen has a corner sink rather than one that completely faces a wall, so it has been a great vantage point for pictures of our kids playing with soapy water and a few plastic bowls/etc.

Then there's Play-Doh, if you can keep her from eating it...

Happy shooting --
-L "Mom o' 4"

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez