Sunday, June 8, 2008

What we've been up to the last few days...


Emma: Mama, I hunggy. I want some chips, a Yoo-Hoo, and a cookie.

This was what she requested to eat tonight...a normal snack for the girls over the past several days. For you see, when grandparents are in town, everything goes. And all of a sudden, Yoo-hoos replace milk and chips and cookies are the prime choice for energy and strength. Gotta love a semi-vacation.

My parents and youngest brother and sister came on down (said in my prime "Price is Right" voice) for a visit this past week. The rule of thumb is that when Nana and Pawpaw (and Grammie and Papa...Jay's familia) are here, bedtimes are post-poned, "brushing teeth" is optional, and eating junk food whenever you get the urge is considered a given...thus resulting in a few "beat the grandparents out of you" days when they leave. The next few days should be a blast (said in my prime "rolling of eyes" voice).
My youngest sister, Bethany, is Abby's "go-to girl" for anything technologically advanced. Bethany has taught my girls the socially acceptable things to do while listening to an ipod (ipod during breakfast starts the day off right, obviously), how to text an entire message on your "chocolate" phone in under 10 seconds, and what lingo is cool this day and age. I learned a lot too. Clearly, I am supposed to say "Beast" if I find something to be cool. And if something is "sick", it is really really cool. I think I am going to try these out on the other moms during the girls' next playgroup outing. You know, because I am cool and stuff. Beast.
We all mosied on over to the beach on Friday for the day. It was Nathan's very first time to dip his feet in the salty water of the Atlantic Ocean, and it was Emma's first time that she actually enjoyed being at a beach. The girls loved it! They ran and laughed and played...it was such a great day! We seem to always forget how intense the sun is reflecting off the water at the beach, so we all got a little toasty despite our best efforts at staying doused with sunscreen. I realized that my right arm was bright red at the end of our little beach adventure, and my pain sensors seemed to be working overtime. After a little investigation, I realized that while using the spray sunscreen, I had forgotten to spray my spraying arm. It didn't surprise me...that's just the moronic thing I would do. I will now sport a very lopsided tan for the rest of the summer. Beast. Jay and I were able to go out on a date last night, thanks to the babysitters at be. We treated ourselves to a night on the town, enjoying the delicacies of Maccaroni Grill and a shopping adventure at Toys-R-Us. It was a wonderful date. We held hands through the parking lots (until our hands got sweaty and we realized that they would stay cooler if we didn't hold hands) and he almost wrapped his arm around me once (but that would have totally hurt my sunburn). Our 8th wedding anniversary will be in a few weeks...it has been a wonderful 8 years together.
The girls don't quite know what to do now that the house is empty for kinda the first time in over a week. They miss Uncle Marty, the Chandlers from Georgia, and their grandparents and aunt and uncle. It's going to be a quiet few days around here...

Oh, who am I kidding? There's no way that's gonna happen with my girls and their run-away mouths.

8 comments:

Jared Gowens said...

I had so much fun at your house Amber. That photo makes me look fat at the beach sitting with Emma. LOL!! But i always know that i have my big sister Amber to look up to and when i think about this past week with you all, all i can do is smile. It had only been about 50 ft. from your house when it actually dawned on me. That i was already missing you all. Thank you for letting us stay there at your house. and you are right bout the sunscreen lol im pealing. Ok well your a BEAST and apparently im gonna have to cry myself to sleep tonight just wishing i was there with you all. I love you all.
Love Your Fav. Bro Jared

mollie on June 9, 2008 at 12:12 AM said...

WOWSA! Them Gowens genes are somethin'! Your family(and your family)haha look so much alike. I can't believe Jared and Bethany are real grown ups! They are still cute little tiny people in my mind. Sweet pics, as always. Looks like everyone had a blast!

Mom of TWO Princesses on June 9, 2008 at 12:59 AM said...

I'm glad you all had a great time! Great pictures. I hope you enjoy the "quiet" time for the next day or two.

oh amanda on June 9, 2008 at 8:21 AM said...

Yay for time with the fam! Sounds like a blast! And I love your bro's comment best!

Jill Chandler on June 9, 2008 at 9:40 AM said...

Love the pictures from your Gowens days! Hope the unwinding days are a beast!
Love, Jill

Dana on June 9, 2008 at 10:41 AM said...

Love the post. Makes me long for my familia!! Jared's comment made me tear up. Isn't it wonderful to have a close family!! Hope you "get back on track this week" and glad you were able to spend time with your precious family!

Merrie on June 9, 2008 at 12:12 PM said...

What a wonderful family you have. And Amber -- you are so beautiful! Happy almost anniversary! Glad you got a date night. :)

Christine on June 9, 2008 at 10:00 PM said...

HA! John asked if you colored your hair because it looks lighter :) Sounds like a fun time of spoiling! Have fun undoing that ;)

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez