Sunday, July 6, 2008

Back to our little family of 5


Emma: Daddy, read this book to me! (we are working on asking politely...it isn't working quite yet.)
Jay: I can't. I'm helping clean up the house.
Emma: Oh! Who is coming to our house now?

Today ended the 6-week adventure of hosting friends and family in our home, and though we are glad to return to a bit of normalcy around here, we really do miss everyone. I guess it is time to relearn how to care for 3 kiddos by myself during the day. And after eating crap, crap, and more wonderful delicious crap for 6 weeks (and obtaining the extra weightage that usually accompanies such crappage), it is time to start the post-company diet.

I'll update with more pictures from this past week later, but I wanted to post a few pictures of the photo shoot with my brother-in-law/sister-in-law and their adorable kiddos. We dodged rain showers, poor lighting, and alligators...not everyone can say that. Always fun! We miss you all...and Emma misses her "tousins".

Abby and Daniel have the exact same eyes. In fact, they both look like they could be brother and sister.The following two are my favorites of the shoot...it is often difficult to get "natural" shots of kids this age, and it is always a triumph when it happens. I just love these.
This week is "catch-up" week. Nate has a few appts, but I should be caught up with editing photo shoots and returning emails by the end of the week. I look forward to being able to stay on top of tasks more now. Thank you for your patience over the past few weeks!

4 comments:

~sydney~ on July 6, 2008 at 11:53 PM said...

Beautiful pictures! I bet you've had so much fun over these past weeks but when will you ever get a break?!?! You're SUPER MOM--such a beast!

Jill Chandler on July 7, 2008 at 11:41 AM said...

Sigh... the house does seem quiet when everyone goes home... Hope you get a good nap or two out of your little ones!

Rachel's family is lovely! I'm so glad you guys had a good visit!
Love, Jill

mollie on July 7, 2008 at 10:13 PM said...

Who is the guy with the big head???

Katie on July 10, 2008 at 11:56 AM said...

You did a great job on these, Amber... they must be very happy with tehm. Love the last three above the gator, those are my favorites.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez