Monday, July 28, 2008

A bit of advice from the not-so-wise


Or as Confucius would say: "When you have bottle of leaky formula, best be not to put in same plastic bag as cellular telephone."

What? You haven't heard that famous quote from him? Well, obviously I hadn't either...that's why my cellular telephone is kaput. So...if you have tried calling or texting me (I'm up with the times, y'all) in the past few days, please know that I haven't been avoiding you. Or maybe I have. Depends on the person. Feel free to call me at home this week, and I'll answer if we are actually home. Or maybe I won't. Depends on the person.

I was reading the Bernstain Bears "Go to School" to the girls the other day and wouldn't you know that I broke down midway through and couldn't read anymore? Abby was all like "What, Mom?" And I was all like "I can't believe you will be in school in a year." And she was all like "Yeah, I'm a grown up girl. It's okay Mom. I'll come back home sometime." And I was all like "Wahhhhhhhhhhhh."

She talks about going to school every single day, and I think that she would start tomorrow in a heart beat if we let her. With her birthday in December, she'll be an old kindergartner, and I am just so glad that we have the next year together. The bright kiddo read her first sentence all by herself last week...something like "The fat pig sat in the mud." And her favorite game right now is for me to give her three-lettered words for her to sound out. I can't believe how big she is getting.

So as her friends start Pre-K this fall, Miss Abigail (and her side-kick Emmabear) will be participating in some homeschooling up in this hood. I ordered the phonics/numbers/crafts/whatever they usually do in Pre-K stuff a few months ago, and I plan to figure out some sort of schedule this week. Due to our August being plum full of doctor appointments for Nateman, we will be starting "school" the first week of September. I have to admit that I am excited but also a little apprehensive about how I am going to fit everything in around the PT and Dr. appts. We shall see, my dear Watson.

Soooooooo...............

Taking a little break this week from blogging. It is our last week of having really nothing planned (except for PT) before the madness of August begins. Nate has 2-3 appts/tests/pt every week in August. Therefore, I will use this week to (only writing this for my own bad self so I can reference it when I am walking around the house in a foggy stupor in a couple of days wondering what I had wanted to do this whole week):

*Get a new cellular telephone...and change my plan to include texting so I won't be charged out the ying-yang every month for each text.
*come up with a lesson plan for pre-K
*find my toothbrush (I think I left it at your house, Tara) or buy a new one before Jay realizes that I have been using his.
*finish reading two books...okay, at least get a few more pages deep in one of the books.
*edit pictures of the kids
*figure out a plan to get the kids to pick up their toys (HELP! ideas?)
*take all the size 12 month shorts out of Emma's drawer...poor itty-bitty child can still wear them, though they look a bit "painted-on" in her bodunkadunk region. Time to pass 'em on.
*put bricks on my chillen's heads to keep them from growing up on me and doing something crazy like starting school in a year. Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!
*Make sure all the marbles from the Hungry, Hungry Hippos game are off the floor...I've got a mover on my hands:

He's doing great! It is so wonderful to see him moving and rolling both ways now...he's not missing a step with his gross motor skills. He just started on his downward cycle, but so far he hasn't had any regression in skills this time around. He doesn't want to eat more than about 3 ounces a bottle and his heart monitor has started going off like crazy (8 separate times in the past 12 hours) and he seems to tire out faster, but he is still rolling and inching along to get toys. I love seeing it!! He just seems so strong right now.

Okay, so the plan is to post a picture a day on the blog for the next week and start to check off my to-do list. Have a great week everyone!!

9 comments:

Kayla on July 28, 2008 at 2:32 PM said...

I can't believe how much Nathan and Emma look like each other. I just wanted you to know that Emma is not the only runt that can still fit into her painter 12 month old shorts. Brenna is right there with her. I finally put away all but one pair a few weeks ago. The 18 months are just so big in the waist. I guess that is just her lot in life right now.

Autryville on July 28, 2008 at 2:35 PM said...

Hey, Amber, can you tell your over-achieving baby to slow down?? His big friend Luke isn't even close to crawling, not close at all...Nate's making him look bad!:) In fact, none of my babies have crawled before 10 months, so Luke really has a about 6 weeks to go...:)

Hope you enjoy this week before tyour crazy month starts. And don't sweat the pre-k stuff. Abby's probably ready for K now!

Emily on July 28, 2008 at 2:40 PM said...

That is awesome Amber - look at him! My kids weren't even close to inching on their bellies at 5 months. WTG Nate!

VanderbiltWife on July 28, 2008 at 2:46 PM said...

This post put a big silly grin on my face (weighing them down with bricks) and tears in my eyes. I can't wait to hold my first little one in about 3 months!! She will probably just miss the kindergarten cut-off unless I deliver REALLY early. Is it bad I am already happy about this and she's not even born yet?

The Princess on July 28, 2008 at 4:02 PM said...

Seriously, Laura and I were talking about lesson plans on Sunday! Let me know what all you need to know and what areas of strengths and weaknesses the girls (Abby, especially) have, and I will totally help you out! I can also give you some great websites and what-not. And by all means, ask any questions whatsoever and I will help as much as possible or at least point you in the right direction.
Phillip and I watched the video and were so thrilled to see Nathan move around so much! It was awesome!
Love you guys,
Ash

Anonymous said...

When you find out how to get the kiddos to pick up their toys...please let know. The only thing I can think of is....SARAH....KATE....GET THOSE TOYS PICKED UP....did you hear that tone....:-)
Love ya,
Sister Dina

Merrie on July 28, 2008 at 5:36 PM said...

Love love LOVE the movie! Nate has an amazing smile -- thanks for sharing. And look at how proud he is after that rollover. Too cute!

Happy and thrilled for you all! And good luck with all those to-do's. ack

Amanda on July 28, 2008 at 8:57 PM said...

Okay, Nathan can push up better on his knees than James and he is such a mover I think he and Audrey will have a great time playing together! Tell him to slow down so that when we do see y'all James won't have to sit in his bumbo seat and watch all the activity!

SO great to see him doing so well!

skye on July 29, 2008 at 1:10 AM said...

AMBER!!!!! Nate is doing awesome! Look at him move! That is just a wonderful sight - a great pick-me-up for me today!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez