Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Detox


We are undergoing an intense detox period from the stream of sugar and junk food my girls have poured into their soon-to-be-cavity-ridden mouths. A month of junk food. A month of me not monitoring how often they brush their teeth. A month of honey buns, doritos, air heads, and oatmeal cream pies. Obviously when company is here, nutrition seems to be put on the back burner. Thus the detox period.
Abby keeps running around and around the couch, pausing briefly every few seconds to jump up and down with her limbs a-flailing while shouting "woohoo woohoo" in some sort of Bugs Bunny type fashion. Emma is unusually sweet and unselfish and showing numerous accounts of having such a good heart while willingly sharing her most-prized possessions with her sister.

I am thinking they are undergoing some serious sugar withdrawals.

We had such a beast of a time with Jay's family. I feel a little spoiled...not only did I go and snag me up a great husband 8 years ago, but I inherited some awesome in-laws in that deal as well. And I'm not just brown-nosing here to score points. The kids adore the extra attention and love they receive when with their extended family, and I have heard countless stories of their fun times together ever since they left last week.
Amidst the age difference between the "tousins" (as Emma likes to call them), they all get along and play together so nicely. They enjoyed catching lizards, finding mammoth snails, playing in the water and teaching each other different computer games. Abby was heartbroken when they left.
I have more pics of playing mini-golf and of Marty and Rachel with the hooligans, but they are at the end of a list of editing I need to finish this week from some photo shoots I am behind on. More to come...

Thanks for coming all the way down here, guys! We had so much fun and miss you all terribly.

4 comments:

Jill Chandler on July 9, 2008 at 9:13 PM said...

You're making me miss Brother Danny and Sister Adele, too!
Love you guys!
Jill

mollie on July 9, 2008 at 10:36 PM said...

"Tousins" (and Grammys and Papas too) are the best, and you do have some awesome inlaws! Good luck with the food-snack-sugar-late night-and-discipline Detox! Good Times!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister Amber,
I think one of the things I miss most about my parents being with the Lord is that they are not here with my girls. They both loved Sarah so much. They were just really getting to know Kate. They both loved her so much too. I miss that Sarah really doesn't remember how much my mom and dad lived, ate, slept, breathed and drank her up. Mom always said that it was like having me all over again. I am starting to understand that more as I see the girls grow. You really miss them being little and she said it was so great with Sarah because she had me little all over again. One of my fondest memories was coming home from work and seeing Sarah on my dad's head (literally) eating peanuts and watching cartoons...it was one of the sweetest things...What ever Sarah wanted...Sarah got... not in a bad way...just wonderful. I thank God you have that in them.
All my love,
Sister Dina

~sydney~ on July 9, 2008 at 11:08 PM said...

How sweet! It looks like you guys have had a great time lately spending lots of time with close friends and fam! And Abby and Emma need their sugar!!! haha

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez