Thursday, August 21, 2008

Curly-head makes another appearance


I thought that Emma's curls were all gone, but the intense rain and humidity from the past few days have brought that curly head back with a vengeance. It's nice to see it again.
So, Fay is upon us. In fact, the eye is literally coming right over us in the next few hours. It has been steadily raining all day, but the wind has just recently picked up and is it NASTY outside. You'd love it, Marty. Jay has been gone for a couple of days, but I am extremely thankful to say that he should be home really soon...and the university is closed tomorrow due to the tropical storm, so it's like a HOLIDAY! Woohoo!! We plan to take advantage of this warm rain and play in some mega puddles all day.

Abby: Mom, I think that taking a bath is making me shrink.
Me: Huh?
Abby: I shrink every time I take a bath.
Me: What makes you think that?
Abby: Because I measured myself before I took a bath and I was this tall (motioning the height on the wall), and then I measured myself after my bath and I was shorter.
Me: But what makes you think that the bath is making your shrink?
Abby: Well, because clothes shrink when you wash them in hot water, and I take hot baths.
Me: Dude, you are way smarter than I ever give you credit for.
Abby: Yeah, I know.

11 comments:

The Princess on August 21, 2008 at 5:11 PM said...

Dude, that is totally one I should share with my kids at school. However, I would of course pose it to them as a question just to see what responses I would get. Yeah, no school today or tomorrow for us either. Too bad we have to make up these days in the year :( . Keeping you guys and Nate in our prayers as always.
Love you guys,
Ash

Jill Chandler on August 21, 2008 at 5:15 PM said...

Love the curls! Humidity is good for something, after all!
Love, Jill

Dana on August 21, 2008 at 8:39 PM said...

How precious. I LOVE Emma's curls. Abby is beautiful, and Nathan is the second most precious boy I have ever seen in my life, HEHEHE!
We are doing great and am so glad to hear that you are too! Hope to talk to you soon!

Mom of TWO Princesses on August 21, 2008 at 9:33 PM said...

I love Emma's curls! And I agree, Abby is a smart little cookie! ;o)

Kayla on August 21, 2008 at 9:34 PM said...

Very funny. I do love the little curls on Emma's head. I am very sad that Brenna's are going away. She never had as many as Emma, but I have always loved them. I wish they would stay forever.

Dani on August 22, 2008 at 2:41 PM said...

Man! I love that reasoning.

~sydney~ on August 22, 2008 at 6:26 PM said...

ok the picture of emma is to die for! and the story of abby is HILARIOUS!!!!! keep blogging, this really brightens my day!

Katie on August 22, 2008 at 8:10 PM said...

Emma is a girl after my own heart... or hair... or whatever. I don't even TRY to straighten mine in weather like this!

She is SOOOO cute with her Curly Sue "do." :)

Dana on August 22, 2008 at 9:09 PM said...

Hey, have you heard from Wanda & JimmY?

Toni on August 22, 2008 at 9:41 PM said...

Love your conversation with Abby, Love Emma's curls :) Such beautiful girls!

Jessi on August 24, 2008 at 1:57 PM said...

Amber, I just have to say that no matter what your posts are about, I always leave your blog with a smile on my face. It's like...my therapy (dude) :-)

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez