Monday, August 4, 2008

Recharged


I dip the knife into the jar and pull out a heaping amount of peanut butter to smooth onto the bread. Nathan sits in his exersaucer while the girls take turns popping up from the floor with an over-exuberant "Boo!" that causes a burst of deep laughter from their little brother. I cut each of the PB&J sandwiches in half but leave the crusts on this time in hopes that they will start to eat them one of these days. As I cut the last sandwich and listen to more laughter, the feeling of complete contentment comes over me.
I stand there for a minute...just listening. This is what I have wanted my whole life. This life. This marriage. These children. Oh, how I have so much to be thankful for. Last week was exactly what we needed. With only a PT appt and a visit from our home health nurse, it was as if we had a "free" week. Our schedule has been so hectic over the past few months that it was so nice to take a week off to recharge, so to say. And to spend some much-needed one-on-one time with the girls. We read countless books, played in rain puddles, put together Strawberry Shortcake puzzles, and finger painted. I just don't do messy art (remember, I like digital photography...with computer editing...no mess), so letting the girls paint was a huge thing around here. And I am pleased to report that I only had to tell Emma not to eat the paint once. My girl...she's growing up on me.

My list of chores was completed. Well, all except for purchasing a new cell phone, but after talking with church friends a couple of nights ago about their previous mishaps with water-logged (in my case, formula-logged) cell phones, I decided to insert the battery again last night and see what I got. Would you believe that the sucker turned on good as new. Beast!
Nathan's PT appts have been moved back to the treasured 8:15am slot on Tuesday mornings, so Jay is going to be able to stay with the girls again during these appts. My friend who usually keeps the girls is teaching preschool starting in Sept, so I was thankful that we were able to get this early slot again. The Lord continues to provide in every little way.

Nate is continuing to do great! He is scooting all over the livingroom, and I just love seeing it! He has a pulmonology appt on Wednesday where we hope to be able to give back the heart monitor. Nathan seems to be plagued with mysterious fevers periodically that causes havoc with his heart monitor...he had 2 separate days of these fevers last week. The fevers usually don't go above 101 degrees, and they only last for about a day each time. Just one more of the mysteries that envelop the little guy. But he is strong, and he is sweet, and he is continuing to be blessed in growth. And for that, we continue to be extremely thankful.

8 comments:

Kayla on August 4, 2008 at 3:14 PM said...

I'm so glad you all got some rest.

Kim on August 4, 2008 at 4:41 PM said...

Your pictures forever amaze me. I love the first one of Emma, she is so cute! So glad you found a break amid all the craziness of life.

Kim

Lady Mums-alot on August 4, 2008 at 10:56 PM said...

Amber, will you come to Texas and take pictures of our boys???

StephthefutrRxDr on August 4, 2008 at 11:49 PM said...

I LOVE that first pic of Emma and she looks like she's grown taller in the one of her holding her little rain boots....she is so cute as are all your children. Glad Nate's doing so well!

willblogforshoes on August 5, 2008 at 10:51 AM said...

Your pictures always make my day! It sounds like things are going just right for now. Wonderful!

BTW, finger paints... you are a brave woman!

Jill Chandler on August 5, 2008 at 12:29 PM said...

God is so good, God is so good, God is so good, He's so good to me (and you!)
Love the happy report!
Jill

Trina on August 5, 2008 at 7:55 PM said...

Your pictures are what's BEAST!

We join in your praises to the Lord for all his blessings! HE IS SO GOOD!

Our love and prayers-

Katie on August 14, 2008 at 9:05 AM said...

"I stand there for a minute...just listening. This is what I have wanted my whole life. This life. This marriage. These children. Oh, how I have so much to be thankful for."

My sentiments exactly! Amen.

Lovely pictures, Amber. These, in particular.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez