Wednesday, September 24, 2008

7 months


My Nathan,

I stood against the sink loading the dirty dishes into the dishwasher as I kept one foot positioned on the bottom rack, carefully keeping it in place as you swatted at the silverware. Crawling into the kitchen to see what I was doing, you were mesmerized by this new discovery. You pulled your body up holding onto the lid and played in the water that dripped. I would routinely look down at your strawberry-blonde head and just marvel at the progress you had made this month...crawling everywhere, pulling up to standing, being completely curious of the world around you. You have been blessed beyond measure, my sweet boy.
This month was indeed a transformation for you physically. As we were constantly fed a stream of poor medical news this month regarding your little body, you were constantly growing and developing just like any baby your age and even older. We would be down in the dumps about a certain test that came back abnormal, but you would get on your hands and knees and crawl over to us, use our bodies as leverage as you pulled up, and lunge into our laps for some loving. I completely believe that this is the Lord showing us that he continues to be in complete control. Things may not look good on paper, but look at how much the Lord has protected you these 7 months. You have been blessed beyond measure, my sweet boy.
I often get asked, "So do you see a difference between Nathan and your girls yet?" And I can finally say, "YES!" I love to sit back and watch you play with toys...with remotes...with the wheels on the baby doll stroller...with magazines that have mistakenly been left on the floor. You play with things so differently than the girls did. You hit everything. You even hit yourself a lot, throwing your right hand in the air like you are riding a bull and bringing it down on your thigh over and over again. When you don't want to go to sleep, you stand in your crib and repetitively hit the wall separating your room from your sisters'. You also throw things. Anything within a 5 foot radius is fair game of a beating when you pick up something small enough to be thrown.
You like different toys than the girls did as well. You will search and find the only 3 cars we have in the house (note to grandparents: we need cars for Christmas) out of a whole basket of toys, and you will spin the wheels over and over. You like to study toys, picking them up in your chubby hands and turning them all around studying every intricate detail on them. But your favorite "toy" so far would have to be the laptop that must be kept in high places at all times now. You love the feel of the keys under your fingers...you don't hit them, but rather tap on them like you have been sitting at a computer all your life.Even though you are rough and tough and such a boy when it comes to everyday life, you are usually extremely gentle with people. You absolutely adore long hair...often when I am trying to rock you to sleep, you will wrap your tiny fingers into my hair and slowly pull until you have reached the end of the strands, then repeat until you are too tired to move. You love to run your fingers through your sisters' hair as well...never pulling maliciously (yet) and always gentle and sweet. Abby let's you play with her hair. Emma does not. But are you really that surprised?
Within the past week, you have started reaching for people to hold you. You LOVE when Daddy comes home and will immediately stop whatever you are doing and lunge for his strong arms. You are my little snugglebug, often burying your face into my chest for a game of peek-a-boo, some loving, or a little comfort. I asked you for a kiss today, and you whipped your head to my cheek with an open-mouthed slobbery one. It melted my heart.You still suck your thumb at night, but you rely on a paci more and more during the day as you stop to take frequent breaks for periodic energy boosts. You have a special little stuffed puppy that you sleep with every night, rubbing his ear or tail or foot against your face as you fall asleep. We have named him Tebow.This month has been a blast watching you develop. Your smile continues to brighten our day 100 times over. Your personality makes my heart swell, and you continue to make people fall in love with you where ever we go simply with your reaction to their presence. I love that about you. I love so much about you. And my darling boy, we have been blessed beyond measure by having the opportunity to call you our son.

Happy 7 months, Nafey.

9 comments:

~sydney~ on September 24, 2008 at 1:06 PM said...

there is NO way that boy is already 7 months! I feel like he just got here! so adorable, amber!

Anonymous said...

He is Pawpaw's little man! Great post, Amber...
Love,
Dad

Tara on September 24, 2008 at 1:52 PM said...

Happy 7 months Nathan! You have filled out so much lately and are looking like a little boy instead of a baby..so sad! We love you buddy, and are so proud of all your accoplishments. Jolee loved watching the video she kept saying over and over.... oh baby Nafan!

Dani on September 24, 2008 at 2:45 PM said...

Too cute especially the video.

VanderbiltWife on September 24, 2008 at 3:45 PM said...

So sweet. I could eat him with a spoon! I can't wait to have this little one in my arms instead of my belly!!

MJ on September 24, 2008 at 5:10 PM said...

Happy 7 months, Mr. Natey!!! You're getting so big! We love you bunches and bunches.

Anonymous said...

Nathan, my Buddie, you are certainly my little man. Stay in there and may you become strong and healthy. God bless you, my little darling.
Your Great Granddaddy Gowens from Friona, TX.

dana on September 25, 2008 at 1:42 AM said...

haha! welcome to the world of boys! :D

i have NEVER understood the fascination with watching the wheels on a car go around and around and around and around...

i kid you not. ryan could do this for hours on end without getting the slightest bit bored. i, myself, completely miss the intrigue.

aren't they wonderful, though?

happy 7 months, nate! you're growing in leaps and bounds, and that makes SO many of us SO happy.

xoxo

Michelle on September 28, 2008 at 11:00 PM said...

If I didn't know any better I'd swear our boys were seperated at birth! LOL Lucas does the same thing with slapping his hand on his thigh, and well, just about everything else! :)

I love Nate's smile sitting in the high chair - and he's already eating crayons huh? LOL

Happy 7 months Nate! It sure is fun watching you grow up!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez