Friday, September 12, 2008

All you can do is laugh at all the craziness


Introducing...Hailey Marie, 4lbs 3oz, born September 12, 2008: My younger sister, Ashley, went into labor in the middle of the night last night and had a baby girl by c-section at around 10:00 this morning. Thanks so much to many of you who emailed me the pictures they had received so I could put a pic up on here! You guys rock!! Hailey is doing great...her apgars were 9, and she is able to be in the same room with Ashley. She's just an itty-bitty wittle thang.

My youngest sister, Bethany, had ACL/LCL surgery on her knee yesterday and is at home recovering...and in some rough pain. I wish so bad that I could drive up there and help out with everything going on, but I just can't make it work out.

Abby woke up this morning and told me she didn't feel good. She is now quarantine to my bedroom with a 101 degree fever and a snotty-nosed Emma at her side watching copious amounts of Tom and Jerry and being threatened not to get near their brother. And I just received word that Emma drank all of Abby's water. Beast.

Seriously, all you can do is laugh at this point.

11 comments:

Toni on September 12, 2008 at 11:55 AM said...

Hope Nathan doesn't get sick! Congrats on the new little niece! To get the pictures off my phone I email them to myself. So rather then entering a text phone number I enter my email address :) Maybe that would work for you.

~sydney~ on September 12, 2008 at 1:42 PM said...

congrats to your sister and i hope bethany recovers soon! u r such a beast amber and i love the pic of abby!

Meg on September 12, 2008 at 2:11 PM said...

That picture of Abby is so adorable! I'll keep your sisters in my prayers. Your girls too - hope they recover soon and don't share their germs with Nate!

Tara on September 12, 2008 at 3:03 PM said...

Congrats on becoming an Aunt! She is precious and so tiny! I hope Bethany and your crew feels better really soon!

Jill Chandler on September 12, 2008 at 10:01 PM said...

We'll be praying those loving big sisters don't share this time!!
Love you all, Jill

mollie on September 12, 2008 at 10:46 PM said...

oh yeah...looks like a fun weekend!Good luck with the quarantine and congrats on the niecebaby.

Dana on September 13, 2008 at 10:24 AM said...

Wow! Glad God gives you a sense of humor during times like these!! That is definitely another Gowens baby!! Beautiful! Hope to goodness Nathan stays well and you stay sane!

Christine on September 13, 2008 at 10:13 PM said...

Congrats Aunt Amber!!! I hope that poor Abby is feeling better!!

Tammy said...

We will just hope that Emma only hydrated herself with a self-innoculated immunity boost and that Nathan's immune system is strong.
Little Hailey is beautiful. Congratulations to everyone. Nathan is getting pretty outnumbered like my Weston was for such a good while.

The prayers continue....
Tammy

Dani on September 15, 2008 at 6:58 PM said...

I'm glad to hear that Ashley and baby are safe and healthy. I doubt she remembers me, but I remember playing with her and talking about babies one Sunday afternoon at church. Glad that her little one is a-ok.

Amber Schmidt on September 18, 2008 at 5:53 PM said...

that last pic is TDF... LOVE!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez