Monday, September 15, 2008

Gatorade LOVES us!


I have a sick sick sick little girl on my hands. Abby's little fever and runny nose turned into a tee-totally nasty stomach bug that is still causing our house to smell like febreeze and lysol covered puke. If it weren't still 95 degrees outside, I could air the house out a bit. I'd recommend no one coming to visit until either puke-scent comes back in style (who said I can't be a trend setter?) or until it cools down and I can open the windows for a day or twelve.

Oh, and we need a new couch. Yes, indeedeo, a new couch is a MUST at this point. And perhaps a new recliner. I have no idea why I even give her puke bowls...it seems that the immediate urge to purge overwhelms the ability to actually remember getting up and running to the bathroom or picking up the bowl that's been beside your head for the past 3 days.

We made yet another visit to the pediatrician this week (I forgot to mention that Nathan had this last week...though he only threw up once and had a solid week's worth of watery poop...I find it strange to call it watery stool, like something you can prop your feet on, so I use the more common redneck term around here, but I digress...). Nathan gave it to Emma (who had the exact sysmptoms as him for about a day and a half) and Abby ended up getting the brunt of this nasty virus. Nathan is firming up a bit now (nice picture, eh?) but has had a runny nose for 2 weeks that we are wondering if it is from this or something else entirely. Ramble, ramble, ramble, I forgot why I even started this paragraph.

Oh yeah, today's visit to the ped gave Miss Abigail a prescription for some phenergan suppositories to try and stop this pukefest. Dude, suppositories give me the heebeegeebees...or in the words of a pale Abby "Mom, I don't think this is fun at all." So far, so good as little miss lays on the puke-scented couch half-glaring at her 4th day straight of continuous cartoons. Hopefully she will start to perk up and be old Abby again in a day or two.
I would like to ask you to remember little Landon Weber in your prayers. (click on his name to go to his website) He's a darling little boy with mito who has been in the hospital in Houston for almost 60 days trying to fight off a nasty infection. He was intubated on Friday night (just before the hurricane hit) and put to sleep so his body could use every ounce of energy it has to fight this infection instead of using the energy to breathe and process food, etc. He and his family have been heavy on my hearts for a while, and he needs your prayers! Please lift him up to be healed from this horrible infection!!

3 comments:

Blondie on September 15, 2008 at 4:30 PM said...

Re:New Couch
Buy microfiber - preferably upgraded microfiber, as it has a rubber-type backing. Nothing (liquid) can penetrate it, and believe me, my extreme-gag-reflex kid has put it to the test! It may be some of the best money I've ever spent!

I hope that all are feeling well and puke free soon. I have often said that I would rather have a 10 day, nasty cold than a stomach bug that lasts only 8-12 hours!

Toni on September 15, 2008 at 7:31 PM said...

I do second the microfiber couch. Love it! I also recommend diluted vinegar to get the smell out of the furniture. I used it and it worked. Just saturated the area with it and blotted it. It smells like vinegar for a little while, but that smell disappears. Worth a try :)

I hope everyone is healthy soon!

Owl of the Desert on September 16, 2008 at 1:15 PM said...

Hope all of you are feeling much better very, very soon. If I had a favorite drug, phenegran would probably be it. It works wonders in these situations. I will certainly keep ya'll and the little Weber boy in my prayers.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez