Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I can taste the latte' already


Up in this hood today, there has been mucho tears, gnashing of teeth, snide remarks, sibling spats, rolling of eyes (that would be me), sighs, and a whole lot of huffing and puffing going on. This tumultuous scenario could only mean that either all of us are going through PMS at the same time (if you don't think a toddler can go through PMS, I'll give ya my chillens for a little while) or it is indeed the heart of summertime in FL coupled with one of the worst skeeter seasons we've seen in a long time.

Will the fact that I'm typing one handed so I can continuously scratch the 4 new red mounds of itchy flesh I received last night from a nasty ole' booger who obviously camped out in my bedroom give you a clue? Holy long sentence, Batman.
Dude, these mosquitos are killing us this summer. We have a new breed of skeeters this year that are producing blood suckers that are the size of a small goat, I kid you not. Well, maybe I kid you a little, but they are beastly huge. Abby keeps thinking they are wasps. There were 3 of them that landed on Nate the other afternoon as I was taking the page boy pics, and we were only outside for a grand total of 3.07 minutes.
So, we have reached the time of the year where our summer is like the north's winter, and we just can't go outside for more than a few minutes at a time. The girls are getting a bit stir crazy and literally climbing the walls and silently threatening to put their mama in the looney bin by week's end. I am pretty good at admitting when I have reached my breaking point, so it looks like a nice and QUIET evening at a local coffee house with a book that I have only been able to read while waiting at doctor's offices lately will be in order as soon as Jay gets home in a few hours. Time to recharge the batteries a bit.

8 comments:

Kayla on September 10, 2008 at 3:01 PM said...

I totally understand the mosquito problem. South Texas is no better. I think they are breeding in our back yard. Brenna and I are especially liked by those nasty little bugs. Her bites swell so big and become hard and hot. Then she doesn't stop scratching until they go away (and leave a scar because they became an open wound in the process). I hope her legs don't fall off someday. Needless to say, I feel your pain (and itch).

Anonymous said...

Dar said,
The terrible TWO'S shall pass!!
As for the nasty bugs try rubbing listerine all over exposed skin before you go out.
Love you guys,Dar

Kathy U on September 10, 2008 at 4:56 PM said...

SKEETER HELP -- for the half eaten!!!!!
Go to Walmart and get a "ThermaCell" Mosquito repellent cause that will help greatly, I promise. Give all the little ones a hug from Sis Kathy.

Lok on September 10, 2008 at 10:06 PM said...

This too shall pass..... and a variety of other wonderful cliches. Go - caffeinate thyself and stay til the shop closes. Cry on the way there, laugh on the way back. And get some chocolate covered biscotti to accompany said java! (And if it helps, you are NOT alone. You really aren't!)

Jill Chandler on September 11, 2008 at 11:18 AM said...

I appreciate your reminder to admit when I need a break! That's so important, and so hard for me to do! I hope you enjoyed your evening off and feel recharged for the new day.

Love ,Jill

lindabelle on September 11, 2008 at 2:14 PM said...

Find an AVON dealer in your area and purchase yourself a BIG bottle of Skin So Soft. It honestly doesn't smell bad, it softens your skin, and skeeters HATE it. I wouldn't use anything else. Someone told me about it years ago when I lived for the outdoors and was constantly being devoured by skeeters. I keep a spray bottle filled and spray away right before going outside. I always keep it close by and it's amazing!!

~sydney~ on September 11, 2008 at 2:21 PM said...

Amber! Get to that coffee house ASAP! You deserve it, girl! and buy some repellent at walmart while you're out...i was eaten alive over the summer...now, the biggest problem are those stupid love bugs that hand around the pool...i'm getting itchy just thinking about it!

Christine on September 11, 2008 at 3:37 PM said...

I hope that you enjoyed your Latte and your book!!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez