Thursday, September 18, 2008

Look who feels better...


...with fake smile and all:
She kept every ounce of liquid and food down today, and that makes a concerned and weary mama very happy. She was still quite a bit weak, having to stop and rest multiple times throughout the day. I asked her to get dressed this morning, and I went to check on her when she didn't come out of her room after a good 5 minutes. She was dressed...and laying on the floor staring at the ceiling. It just took everything out of her...talk about breaking your heart! She was rested up enough this afternoon to lay on the floor so we could do a little school, and we both enjoyed that little break in the day.
Emma, on the other hand, decided to prove the law of motherhood in that "if you clean it, they will dirty it." by spewing all over my freshly steam-cleaned carpet and couch. Nice one. And then she had an accident of other origins on another part of my freshly steam-cleaned carpet. It weren't purdy. I know I should have waited until I knew everyone was finished purging the contents of this virus before I brought out the steam cleaner, but I just couldn't handle the nastiness anymore. Plus, I've got a baby crawling around on that pukey floor.

Emma had to receive a phenergan shuttle this morning, and that turned out to be the debacle of the century. Just ask her about it...she'll tell all. We were all a bit traumatized after that 20 minutes.

But for the most part, I came on here to proclaim:

WE'VE BEEN PUKE-FREE FOR 15 HOURS AND COUNTING!!!!

8 comments:

AmyG on September 19, 2008 at 1:32 AM said...

Look at that sweet smile! (even if it is fake, lol) I'm glad Abby is better & that you've been puke free for 15 hrs! I hope this means that everyone is getting/staying better!

Dana on September 19, 2008 at 7:44 AM said...

Thank Goodness! Amber, when I think I have had a hard day, I think about you! You are an insperation woman. Keep up the good mommyin!

Dana on September 19, 2008 at 8:15 AM said...

Glad Abby is feeling better...but, wow, as sick as y'all have been I'm almost afraid to leave a comment. Did you santize your blog??? :)

Tara on September 19, 2008 at 9:49 AM said...

I'm so glad Abby is feeling better. Poor Emma now though. Ya'll have had it rough, sister! I hope everyone continues to feel better and I really can't wait for Emma to tell about her experience.

skye on September 19, 2008 at 10:39 AM said...

So glad Abby is feeling better - what a huge relief!
Hope Emma is her old-self again soon, too!

Blondie on September 19, 2008 at 11:48 AM said...

My word - this made me chuckle! Of course, I am not the mom in the middle of it but you sure do make it funny!
I 'bout "dropped my teeth" at the Phenergan shuttle comment - as a pharmacist, I amy have to borrow that one!
As far as being traumatized, wouldn't you love to hear what she tells the therapist 20 years from now? I often make comment on various situations I find my kids in - "That will be the one that puts them in therapy in 20 years!"
Here's to hoping the vomit free cycle continues!

Amber Schmidt on September 19, 2008 at 10:34 PM said...

the accident of "other origins" is that one that made me laugh... we have oh so many of those... I guess it comes with the territory when you have to pay $30,000 for a hiney hole!

Here's hoping for more puke free hours ahead!

Kayla on September 20, 2008 at 4:56 PM said...

I hope they all keep getting better and you, Jay, and Nathan stay well.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez