Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Round Two


Abby is doing a LOT better! The phenergan knocked her out yesterday and allowed her body to consume and keep down some liquids and a few crackers. She woke up this morning still really tired and weak, but feeling 10 times better. I have seen her energy level gradually pick up as the day has worn on.

Emma woke up this morning and headed to jump into bed with me, but decided to take a detour to the livingroom instead and toss her cookies in the middle of the floor. Since we are talking about our wish list of new furniture, might as well add new carpet to that as well. Do they make a microfiber carpet that costs...like...small change?

As soon as she "frew up", she started freaking out and crying, "I don't wanna have medicine in my booty hole!!!" Turns out that yesterday's suppository adventure was more traumatic for Emma than anyone. And thankfully, she has only thrown up once...her other end is a different story. But I can take that any day of the week over puking. At least she has always made it to the toilet with the runs.Here's hoping that this nasty virus doesn't wrap around and get Nathan again. He had a great day yesterday and had more energy that I have ever seen him have. We usually have to have quite a few cool down sessions throughout the day where he just sits in my lap and sucks a paci for 20 minutes until he reenergizes and hits the floor playing again, but we only had to do that once yesterday. Today is a different story though as he is just exhausted and cranky.

The cool news is that Nathan is the new proud owner of a pair of bottom chompers. They popped through a few days ago, but I kept forgetting to announce the milestone...that is, until he bit down on my hand this morning and left teeth marks. The stinker.In other news, keep little Hailey (my neice) in your prayers. They are keeping her in the hospital a little extra time because she has dipped under the 4 pound mark. She also has a VSD (hole in her heart) and is undergoing some additional testing to make sure everything is okay. Gosh, I wish I could head up there so bad right now.

5 comments:

Christine on September 16, 2008 at 6:06 PM said...

I am so sorry that you have the nasties around your house!! I hope that you and Jay manage to keep them away!! I am loving all of your pictures lately. I am serious as a heart attack that I want to have a photo session! Take care of those babies and we will be praying for them!!!

Emily on September 16, 2008 at 9:01 PM said...

Hopefully the sickies are making their round early in your hood this year and then they can just head it out of there for good! So sorry you've been hit.

Ours on September 16, 2008 at 10:05 PM said...

I read your blog, and love your writing. But today was ROFL!
Keep up and keep on!
Take care of those sweet little ones! they are precious!

AmyG on September 16, 2008 at 10:09 PM said...

Your poor babies! I hope healing comes quickly to everyone! Praying for your niece!

mollie on September 17, 2008 at 11:19 AM said...

Poor Babies! (and poor you)
Hope you and Jay are puke immmune (as well as baby Nate!)
Ain't phenergan grand?!?

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez