Wednesday, October 1, 2008

HOT doughnuts NOW!


We made a little family venture to Krispy Kreme Saturday morning and enjoyed some of the best doughnuts around. This Saturday morning jaunt has been a regular occurrence with Jay and the girls where they leave early (sometimes to Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robins for ice cream for breakfast...and we wonder who the girls' favorite parent is???) and come home cranky from sugar overload. Then they crash on the couch and watch hours of cartoons while resting off the sugar crash...makes a GREAT start to the day. (Totally sarcastic there...I am notorious for being the healthier parent, thus making me the least fun. Toad. (trying out a new word there instead of "Beast". Let me know what you think. Catchy? Very toadalicious? You know you love it. It's so toad.))

Nafey had his first taste of fried sugary goodness, and by "taste" I mean that he ate 3/4 of the doughnut. He obviously thought it was so toad. Okay, okay...I'll stop.
Ummm, can the girls get anymore ragamuffinish? Totally Saturday morning stuff. I gave them the option of brushing their hair or wearing a hat. Guess which option they chose. Obviously, the hats were shed as they started bouncing around with the sugar jitters...these are totally the moments we will remember for years to come.
And here is the look of a full blown sugar crash...
Just because I once said that I would never have a kid that screamed all of the time for no reason at all, I have indeed been blessed with a kid that screams all of the time for no reason at all. The girls never did it this much, and I am a bit perplexed on what to do about it. Nate screams when he is happy, mad, playing, tired...yeah, pretty much with every emotion. It goes hand in hand with his manhoodliness episodes of hitting everything. Kind of like a primal yell that this is his territory and he needs to let everyone know.

It's driving me batty.

Even Emma will stand with her hands on her hips and reprimand, "Don't you scream at me, Nafey!" And he will give her the biggest smile ever...and then scream in delight that she is paying him some attention. Toad.

12 comments:

Carrie on October 2, 2008 at 12:46 AM said...

Watch out for those Krispy Kreme donuts. They can be addicting. :) We fondly refer to it as Krispy Krack only because our middle son will scale the fridge to get more from the box that we stashed up there. When he gets one, that is all he can think of. But, oh are they so good. Probably the best donuts ever. Just wish my son wasn't so addicted to them. He gets so obsessed with them and when he can have another that we have just stopped buying them. The pictures of the kids are awesome by the way.

Kim on October 2, 2008 at 8:03 AM said...

I have two screamers. They are like hollar monkey's and I am not a fan. In the car one will get going and the other mimics. Ugh. And I have yet to figure out a solution. Im thinking ear plugs?

Mmmm, Krispy Kreme. That sounds all kinds of good.

Table of Stone on October 2, 2008 at 10:35 AM said...

Krispy Kreme=goodness!!

mollie on October 2, 2008 at 10:50 AM said...

mmmmm.....warm Krispy Kremes.....

Becky on October 2, 2008 at 12:07 PM said...

Hughston uses yak. He's pretty confident he can get it started...we're in south Mississippi, after all. Try it. It's kinda catchy.

Tara on October 2, 2008 at 12:15 PM said...

Ok, so now Im craving me some Krispy Kreme! It's my favorite!

Emily on October 2, 2008 at 1:33 PM said...

Mmmm . . . Krispy Kreme. This is just cruel. Brazil doesn't have doughnuts, much less Krispy Kreme. I must find a recipe now . . . the pictures are just torture. ;)

Jodi on October 2, 2008 at 8:03 PM said...

Bea's a screamer too. We call it squawking, though. I guess that's just a euphemism that makes me feel less like a failure of a parent :)

I kinda like toad. At least it kept making me smile for the duration of this post :)

Jeanice ( lakeland, Fl ) said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a screamer. At times, particularly in stores, I feel like I am the only one who is going through this. I too have two girls and then the boy, and man are they totally different.

Amber Schmidt on October 3, 2008 at 10:03 AM said...

The only thing that could make these pics any SWEETER would be if that donut had blue and WHITE sprinkles!!! Icky orange!! LOL

leigh on October 4, 2008 at 9:54 PM said...

I made my husband promise me that if something happened to me he wouldn't feed our girls nothing but hotdogs and chicken fingers. he promised to take a nutrition class. LOL

Trina on October 8, 2008 at 9:02 PM said...

I love that he is so manley already! It is too precious. It is a very good thing that there are no Krispy Kreme donuts in our area! I can totally see the sugar crash in all of their eyes. Toad!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez