Monday, October 20, 2008

In generation x-ers terms: This sucks!


Whatever happened to moms having super immunities? To being able to wipe the snottiest of noses and give doses of tylenol and motrin at all hours of the night to miserable high-fevered kids without worrying about being contaminated with whatever nasty bug was flying around? Isn't that how it is supposed to work?

I had that "sore throat whole body achy" thing going on before I hit the sack night. And by "hit the sack", I mean that I played musical beds between the couch, the bed and Nathan's floor because he was burning up and miserable all night and would only sleep for about 20 minutes at a time before whimpering out in the saddest little "I'm miserable" voice ever.

I woke up with swollen lymphnodes and more body aches...and a nose that I'm contemplating on just cutting off and trading it in for a better model. In a desperate measure this afternoon, I asked Abby to please please please watch her brother for about 10 minutes so I could just close my eyes. She did well...and turns out that Nateman loves himself some Dora and didn't move for those 10 minutes. Score!Oh, my littlest bro turned 18 yesterday! Happy Birthday Jared!!! And like always, I wanted to prolong your birthday a little longer, so your card will be there a few days late. Hope you had a great birthday.

8 comments:

mollie on October 20, 2008 at 4:01 PM said...

Hey man, Dora is my babysitter of choice. 30 minutes of Mommy time. Love that Dora.

hope you all feel better soon!

Autryville on October 20, 2008 at 5:10 PM said...

What a good boy! It's the least he could do, huh??:) I have a horrible cold today, and I just laid down while Luke was crawling around, after I made sure the basement door was shut. And I put a little bowl of baby goldfish out for him..food keeps my boy happy. I think I got 10 minutes, but it was nice. Hope you feel better!!

AmyG on October 20, 2008 at 8:13 PM said...

So sorry you're sick! I hope you feel better soon! Great job to Abby for helping to keep Nathan occupied.

His Mercy Endureth Forever on October 21, 2008 at 8:29 AM said...

Hey Sis. Amber, I'm so sorry you're sick! It is so hard having to be the mommmy and the patient all at the same time. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Amanda on October 21, 2008 at 11:37 AM said...

Aw man Amber I'm so sorry. The things we moms have to endure but you know "this too shall pass" and I'll be praying it passes fast for you. Still dissapointed we had to cancel our weekend again but looks like it was best. YAnd by the way you have one adorable son! That pic is to die for!

Amber Schmidt on October 21, 2008 at 12:32 PM said...

I literally feel your pain. I have the same thing. I think I might have acquired mine at the hospital. Stupid crud! Hope you feel better very soon!!!

Jill Chandler on October 21, 2008 at 2:36 PM said...

Praying for healing and strength.
Love, Jill

TracyVDM on October 22, 2008 at 7:33 AM said...

That is THE cutest picture!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez