Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's freeeeeeeezing!


Spoken like a true Floridian now...with teeth chattering and all. Nathan is taking a nap in an oversized hooded sweatshirt on top of all of his clothes. The girls are bundled up in their coats while watching Maggie and the Ferocious Beast. And idiotic me has the windows opened because it finally feels and smells like fall...and it will only last for one day and by golly, we are going to ENJOY IT! Teeth chattering and all.So yeah, our blood thinned. Our high today is going to be 61, and that is about as cold as it gets down here for a high temp...maybe a few degrees colder in the heart of what we call winter (ie: for a week and a half in January). We are going to the park this afternoon with some friends (so we can all enjoy these unseasonable artic temps), and I can guarantee that all of our kids will be decked out in hats, scarfs, parkas, mittens and flip-flops. And I know all you northerners are totally making fun right now, but we have lived here for almost 5 years now...and I'm not ashamed to say that IT'S FREEZING DOWN HERE! Make fun all you want. At this rate, we'll have to retire in...um, I dunno, the Bahamas. Fine by me.Since we are going to be gone next Tuesday, we took full advantage of our state's wonderful early voting system last Friday. For 2 weeks before the elections, you can go to a handful of election sites around here and cast your ballot at your convenience. It truly is a great set-up. And since 3/4s of our city was off work last Friday because of homecoming, there were a TON of voters. I love voting. I love the feeling of satisfaction that I did my part after I place that "I voted" sticker on my chest. I love showing my children this privilege and importance we have in voting...and watching them proudly show their "I voted" stickers as well. It was a fun day! Here's hoping and praying that our vote made a difference in putting McCain/Palin in office.

5 comments:

Dana on October 28, 2008 at 12:56 PM said...

As I read this I am sporting a "You go Girl!" Sarah Palin pin :)

Angie Rodgers said...

I had to chuckle at the "high of 61 degrees," Amber. My thermometer is reading about 15 below zero right now :-)

mollie on October 28, 2008 at 2:39 PM said...

You southerners....
Jack was out yesterday (it was 45-50?) in a sweatshirt playing with Jolie's kids who were wearing Parkas, Mittens, Scarves...HAHA..I guess the south makes your blood a little thin or something!

Krischa on October 29, 2008 at 3:28 PM said...

Go McCain and Palin! We had to vote via the Apsentee ballot :-( but I guess it's all the same! That is funny about the weather- you floridians!

Shanna on October 29, 2008 at 8:23 PM said...

Oh boy - today's high didn't quite hit 50. ARGH! But I'll take retiring to the Bahamas any day!!

I'll be helping the McCain/Palin cause next week!!!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez