Thursday, October 9, 2008

A week we have needed


I come here well rested and rejuvenated for the first time is ages. Jay's parents being here for the past few days has been exactly what we have needed at the exact perfect time, and we are so very thankful for that. Jay and I sat across from each other at Maccaroni Grill last night and talked about how we didn't realize how much we needed this break and how wonderful this week has been.The girls have enjoyed the special attention all week, though I am sure that their Grammie is probably ready for a break from the incessant reading of "Pinkalicious" each and every day. Nathan became very acquainted with Papa's beard, and everyone became acquainted with Emma's catankerousness at times. Abby learned to ride her bike without training wheels, which totally made me excited and sad at the same time. She is wheeling around here like a pro now, and I have promised her that she can ride her bike while I run in the evenings every once in a while now. Gosh, she's growing up fast!
I have a brand spanking newly painted powder blue bedroom and bathroom, thanks to Jay and his dad. Our superbly high vaulted ceilings caused the paint party to last a full two days, but it looks so great! And in the meantime, Adele and I went shopping for a new bedspread and was able to finish up buying fall and winter clothes for the girls. Danny screwed shut our fireplace glass so Nate won't squish his fingers in it anymore; Adele folded quite a few loads of clothes that I was behind on, and they both watched the kids for us numerous times so we could catch up on sleep with naps and late mornings. Oh, it was WONDERFUL!!!
Needless to say, we have now tackled a lot of the things that have been pushed aside for many moons. It was a great visit, and I can fully say that I am well rested and ready to tackle the next few busy months we have ahead of us. I don't think we fully comprehended how much we needed this break at this exact moment. Again, the Lord truly provides!Nathan had another visit with his Pulmonologist yesterday, and we have been released from that specialty! Woohoo!! Our Pulmonologist has been on Nate's case since he was in the hospital when he was a couple of weeks old, and he was the one who presented his case to the med school as a complex case searching for answers. He expressed that he has been very interested in Nathan and logs on to view the updates on his file frequently and will continue to follow his case. But he did say that he is fully confident that Nathan's tachypnea has absolutely nothing to do with his lungs, and he is almost equally confident that it has to do with some metabolic disorder coupled with his muscle weakness in his chest. We'll miss seeing this doc because he has been so nice and helpful throughout the past few months, but it is so nice that we have been released from yet another specialty! Plus, we have a direct line to him if Nathan should start to have respiratory issues later on.
Several of you have inquired about if we have heard from Atlanta yet regarding Nate's muscle biopsy...no, but we knew it would take a good 2-3 weeks before we did. Our neuro's office was sending out his records this week, and it will take the office in ATL a while to read through the records/call the ins. co/schedule Nate's tests and surgery info/etc. We are not taking the girls with us...they will more than likely be staying with a couple of our church families here. I'll let everyone know when we hear more.So, it's been a great week! We have some de-sugaring and de-gettingawaywitheverything to work on with the girls and some sleep issues that need to be resolved with Nateman, but it was all worth it.For all you moms of kids who ride bikes out there...I apologize for the no shoes/no helmet. I'll try to be a better mom next time. For all of you fashion-conscious people out there...I apologize for Emma's gator shirt/fruit salad shorts ensemble. I'll try to be a better mom next time. Just caught up in the moment to care this time around. I'm sure you understand.

9 comments:

Emily on October 9, 2008 at 9:31 PM said...

It is so hard to go with out your blogging through out the week, but I'm glad you got a much needed break. Sounds lovely!

I didn't even think about no shoes and no helmet, but are you nuts? Get that girl some proper bike gear : )

Anonymous said...

Amber - sometimes being a good mom means you do just enjoy the moment...even if it means your kids are mis-matched. And hey...I know I NEVER wore a helmet and probably only wore shoes about half the time when I rode a bike as a kid. Some might say that's what's wrong with me... And our moms put us to sleep on our tummys, fed us eggs and peanut butter before we were 2, and I remember the day my dad took me to the GA State Patrol office to make them explain to the skinny 4-year-old why she suddenly had to start riding in a car seat when she had always been fine on the seat or in mama's lap or in the floor before. Oh well, somehow we managed to survive those days.... :0) Betsy

Rodney Chandler on October 10, 2008 at 9:33 AM said...

We are often reminded as you have been, true Grandparents are a gift from the Hand of God. I'm so glad they got to come and help.
Please tell Bro. Danny and Sis. Adele that we send our love.
rc

Jill Chandler on October 10, 2008 at 11:20 AM said...

Glad to see the wonderful report of your Ferrell visit. Grandparents are a gift from God.

Tara on October 10, 2008 at 12:10 PM said...

Im so glad you all had a great week! Naps, Dates, and shopping... a week you well deserved! My parents are coming in this week, so maybe I can get some of those too!

Bekah on October 10, 2008 at 12:29 PM said...

Personally, I loved the Gator shirt and fruit shorts combination. I'm thankful that you and Jay had some time alone and were able to rest and relax.

Dani on October 10, 2008 at 12:39 PM said...

You know when we started riding we didn't have helments, and it was much cooler to have the wind in your hair than to wear a helment like we did later. Sides it makes for better pictures. :)

Other Mother on October 11, 2008 at 8:53 PM said...

I missed you while you were "away," but am very glad it was for a happy reason.

Tasha on October 13, 2008 at 8:33 PM said...

Whoo hoo! Go Abby! DH wants to start this with Jack any day, too. Amazing how they pick it up so quickly!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez