Tuesday, November 25, 2008

9 months


My dear Nathan,

Apologies for posting this a day late, son. Your mama was throwing her toe nails up on your 9 monthday. Better late than never though, right?9 months...this is such a fun age. It's the age where we can really start to see you learn new skills at a pretty fast rate. Just a few days ago, you started babbling in the cutest little baby boy voice ever. You have even repeated the word "Bye Bye" to us a few times...though you absolutely WILL NOT perform in front of others. It's kind of a "I'll do it when I feel like it" sort of thing.
You also started clapping a few days ago, and it is the cutest little uncoordinated clap I have ever seen. I love it. We have played many rounds of "Pat-a-cake" lately because of your new found skill. Another big thing you will do every once in a while is let go of whatever you are holding onto and stand by yourself for a second or two. You will be walking before we know it...I'm predicting that it will be around your first birthday.
You are still the smiliest little thing ever, and I just love that about you. You love your mama and daddy, but you also love to be around people you sometimes barely know. You smile at strangers and get everyone's attention where ever we go. I know I say this every month, but it still amazes me how friendly you are and continue to be...even through the quintessential separation anxiety stage. You are just such a sweet and loving little guy.Stat wise, you are 17 pounds 9 ounces and 27-3/4 inches long...pre-virus. You have 4 teeth on top and 2 on bottom, and you have recently learned that when you grind them against eachother, your mama screams in psychological pain. Listening to teeth grinding is like hearing fingernails on a chalk board...or hearing someone puke. Not good sounds, no.
You are such a boy that it's funny! We are starting to have to teach you what "Be gentle" means as we take your hand and slowly stroke our faces with it. As soon as we stop, you resume your boyish smacking against our cheeks and ripping our glasses off our faces. We're working on it. If you weren't so darn cute when you did it... You also like to scratch everything with your fingers in a curious way to try and figure out the texture. I love seeing you explore everything these days.
So 9 months Nafey boy. I can not believe that you are this old already, and before we know it, we will be celebrating your year birthday. Oh, do you bring so much light into our family! Happy 9 months, my son.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Cute!!! I can not believe he is 9 months old. We need to plan some play dates.

Love Ya,
Beth

Anonymous said...

That first picture of Nate and Haley (the black & white) made me catch my breath. Really. It is gorgeous. I hope you are feeling better...

Linda

Jill Chandler on November 25, 2008 at 4:43 PM said...

Hope you're feeling better and that your household will have a few calm days for recovery!

I totally remember the texture exploration! My dad used to say been should go into textile engineering!! It's so fun to see the boyishness coming out in Nathan. (Of course, it's not my face and my glasses he's attacking!)

Happy Monthday!
Love, Jill

Dawn @ My Home Sweet Home on November 25, 2008 at 9:45 PM said...

Oh, he is just so cute. I love the bear month-by-month progression you've done. He'll love that someday, too. :-)

Tara on November 25, 2008 at 10:15 PM said...

"What is going on"? 9 months old already! I know I say this every month, but wasn't he just born?? Happy 9 months little man. I love you and have loved watching you grow and develop the way you have over the last 9 months.

Autryville on November 26, 2008 at 8:14 AM said...

Precious!

Get used to the slapping and smacking...it's how those little boys show love to the mama.:)

Happy Thanksgiving, Amber!!!

Katie on November 26, 2008 at 9:46 AM said...

The toilet paper pic and the one below it- too cute. Can I have him?

~sydney~ on November 26, 2008 at 11:10 AM said...

aw happy nine months, nate! i miss u guys! and that picture of ben, bethany, and nate is so cute!

Jessi on November 27, 2008 at 8:24 AM said...

We could possibly be raising the same child...when I read the paragraph about Nathan being all boy, I thought you might be talking about Graci (yeah, she's no girly-girl like Ceci, that's for sure :-) ). And the grinding teeth thing...oh man...I'm pretty sure Graci thinks I'm a psychological nut too :-).

Happy 9 month birthday Nate!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez