Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Baby Hailey


My neice, Hailey, was admitted to Kentucky Children's hospital this morning for congestive heart failure and failure to thrive. She is still under 6 pounds at 2 months old. They are monitoring her formula intake today and will more than likely insert a feeding tube tomorrow. Please keep her in your prayers. We have no idea how long she will be hospitalized.
The kids and I will be driving up to Kentucky tomorrow with Tara and Jolee...it is truly amazing what a best friend will do for you in time of need. Thanks so much, T. I look forward to the road trip! I have been burdened to go up to KY to meet Hailey and visit with everyone for the past couple of months, but things have been so hectic around here lately. Thankfully, after the two appts we had this week, we have no more Dr. appts until December. What a perfect time to travel.

Let me stress that this is not a freak-out post. Yes, Hailey is very sick and desperately needs to gain weight, but she is okay. We are merely going up there because A. I want to snuggle my nose into that itty-bitty neck of her's, B. I want to help Ashley out if she should need me to bring Snickers and Mt. Dews and give her some company during those looooong, boring hours, C. We want to try out our new coats for the season, D. We haven't been to KY in almost a year, E. I can't think of anything better to do than listen to Nathan cry for 12 hours straight in a closed in van, and F. Did I mention that I want to snuggle my nose into that itty-bitty neck of Hailey's. And like I said, this is just a great time to go up there and be of emotional and physical support.

We'll be gone for about a week, Lord willing. I'll try to update when I can.

13 comments:

Wanda on November 12, 2008 at 4:49 PM said...

We will keep you and your family in our prayers. Be Safe! Give everyone our love,
Wanda

Blondie on November 12, 2008 at 5:00 PM said...

Prayers for Hailey and for safe travel...mau the peace of God be with you all.

Blondie on November 12, 2008 at 5:02 PM said...

...may the peace of God be with you all.

That's what I get for typing in the dark while holding a 2 year-old. Sound familiar?

Christine on November 12, 2008 at 5:41 PM said...

Oh my word!! My thoughts and prayers are with her. And you all as you travel!! Let me know if you want to have a pit stop ;)

Dani on November 12, 2008 at 6:38 PM said...

We will be praying for safe travel and little Hailey.

Anonymous said...

Nate is so precious. I loved the girls video --quite the farm girls they would be. You and all the family have our prayers for Hailey. WE are so thankful for Nate's successful surgery at Scottish Rite. Melissa spent a night at Scottish Rite a few months ago when Tori took two "princess pills" AKA Melissa's blood pressure medicine. Her experience was just the same--a really wonderful facility. Give our love to all your family and know you are in the prayers of our entire family.
All our love,
Dickie and Charlotte

Register family on November 12, 2008 at 8:06 PM said...

Little Hailey and your family will be in our prayers.

I bet there will be loads of giggles on your road trip, but ya'll be careful! That's a van full of our precious MPBC sisters!

Danette

Anonymous said...

We will be praying. Have a safe and wonderful trip. I am so jealous!

Love Ya,
Beth

Meg on November 12, 2008 at 8:24 PM said...

My prayers are with you and Hailey. Be safe.

Anonymous said...

Safe travels. Hugs & P&PTs...

Linda

Bekah on November 12, 2008 at 10:07 PM said...

What a sweet tiny little thing she is! Hailey and the rest of your family will be in my prayers.

Michelle on November 12, 2008 at 10:53 PM said...

oh she does look so tiny in that picture! You have my prayers...many many prayers.

Liz on November 14, 2008 at 7:04 AM said...

Prayers for the little doll and safe travel to you...

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez