Friday, November 14, 2008

Baby, It's cold outside


We made it to KY safely yesterday, and I must brag on all the chillens for momento...they were soooooo good! Nathan fussed for maybe 15 minutes the entire trip. Emma was a bit whiny, and the girls' DVD player broke, and we ran over a squirrel...other than that, it was a very fun trip. Thankfully, Tara brougt her DVD player too, so we rigged a make-shift DVD stand made of pillows, blankets and the diaper bag in the middle of the van so that all of the girls could watch a movie from time to time. Dude, what did we do before DVD players and cell phones? Huh? Anyone care to remind me?

I finally got to hold my baby niece for the first time last night, and I am in love. She is precious and gave me the sweetest wide-mouthed squinty-eyed smile ever. She is so darling! But oh my, is she tiny!

She gets so tired eating from a bottle, so she will only take a few mls of formula by mouth, so they are trying to feed her 2 oz a feeding through her ng tube (feeding tube through her nose). Currently, she is spitting up a good portion of it because her little stomach can not hold all of the 2 oz, but they must stretch it out to do so.

Her cardiologist said that her heart will be at its worst when she is 3 months old (in a month), and there is a possibility that they will have to do surgery to repair it at that time. The only problem is that they really want her to be 10 pounds to be able to do this surgery...she is currently 5lbs 12oz.

I am about to head off to visit her again, and I'm coming with camera in tow. But unfortunately, my laptop's charger pooped out on me the other day, so no pictures until I get home. Just take my word on it that she is the most dainty, precious little thing...and she looks just like her mama.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber,
My heart aches for her. I pray that God will touch her tiny body and bless it. I love you and T and all the babies. Please give thems hugs and kisses from Nina!
Love,
Dina

Dani on November 14, 2008 at 1:28 PM said...

Glad you all made it up safely.

Christine on November 15, 2008 at 9:53 PM said...

Thanks for the update. So glad you all made it there safe and sound!! Looking forward to the pictures of the baby!!! Sending prayers her way!!!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez