Thursday, November 6, 2008

Daily Life Resumes


Today has been a good day of REST! I had no idea how exhausted I was until we got home. My sister-in-law and I were talking about how amazing it is that God will give you the strength to get through what you need to do during these situations for the exact amount of time you need it. I truly had no idea that I was so worn out until last night and was finally able to rest...both mentally and physically.
Nathan has been doing wonderful today. His fever broke, and I haven't had to give him any pain meds since mid-morning. He started out the day barely crawling around, but he is almost back to new with crawling and pulling up to stand right now. He's still weak and tires easily, but he is doing great overall!
These are some pictures from the last few days...the top one was of my little dude during the RMR test. They were checking his oxygen/CO2 levels to see how many calories he needs each day. I wish I would have thought to take off his sweater beforehand because he got beet-red in that bubble and was NOT happy after a few minutes. And then he had another EKG done to check his heart rhythm.
Here's my little guy after surgery, all swollen and sleepy. He made friends with all the nurses and they took turns holding him while he flirted and laid his head on their shoulders. He is such a sweet, personable little thang. As the OR nurse was taking him back for surgery, he just kept smiling and laughing at me. It made it so much easier to send him back happy...his smiling face was something that remained in my memory throughout the time we were apart.
Let me backtrack a little...Brother Coy Thomas from Bethany PB Church in Atlanta just so happens to work at Scottish Rite, and he found us as we were doing pre-op on Tuesday. It was great to talk with him and see a familiar face. On Wednesday morning, he was there with us along with Brother Gus Harter, which was a huge surprise. We were able to visit with them for a good 2 hours before Nate's surgery, and it was so wonderful to catch up on so much. I have missed Brother Harter so much over the past 8 years and was absolutely delighted to be able to hear about his family and stories from the past few years. I am so thankful that these two men came to sit with us...it made the wait time enjoyable and kept our nervousness to a nil. It was exactly what we needed without us even knowing it.
The girls had a complete blast while we were away. They stayed with their best friend, Jolee and the rest of the Ford's for a couple of days, and then stayed the remainer of the time with Wandy. Thank you all so much for keeping them! It was truly a vacation for them, and they still haven't stopped talking about it. There are some pics of the girls and Jolee on Tara's blog.

Thank you again for your prayers during this week. The week went smoothly, and we are so glad that it is over. The Lord continues to bless.

8 comments:

Laura on November 7, 2008 at 6:01 AM said...

I'm so glad all went well, Amber. We've been praying for you! And we'll continue to pray. Miss you guys!

AmyG on November 7, 2008 at 8:26 AM said...

I'm glad everything has gone so well. Continuing to pray for you all!

Amanda on November 7, 2008 at 10:10 AM said...

So glad your home now and everything went well! We love and miss y'all. Oh and Jon would love Jay's help at the house.....only problem is Jon doesn't have ANY Friday's off. Thanks any way!

Dana on November 7, 2008 at 10:53 AM said...

Glad everything went well! We were so disappointed Darci got sick on Wednesday and didn't get to play with the girls...but I KNEW we couldn't take a chance and Get your girls sick AGAIN!! :)

Katie on November 7, 2008 at 7:40 PM said...

I am glad it went well and you are safely home. I keep checking in to get "the answer" to what all of this really boils down to... I can't imagine how you must feel, how ready you are to have an answer. I'm glad one more piece of the puzzle was found, though. God bless!

A Single Mom's Life on November 7, 2008 at 8:36 PM said...

Glad everything went well. Wanted to let you know that Brooke saw me reading your blog and asked Who's that? and when I said Nate she said ohhhhhh and blew his pic a kiss....so give the little boy a kiss from Brooke :)

Lisa on November 11, 2008 at 8:26 AM said...

Glad all went well in Atlanta. That is a great hospital. (I was raised in Atl.) Continuing to pray for your family.

Lisa Q

Brandy on November 16, 2008 at 9:34 AM said...

That's a lot of testing for a little person. Glad everything went well while you were there and the girls had fun with friends.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez