Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Lots and Lots and LOTS of snapshots from KY


Quote of the month: "Emma, he is crying because he doesn't want you to ride him like a horsey!"
So, I'm making up for not being able to post pictures for the entire time I was in Kentucky. Here are just a few from our week visit. Hailey is the most precious little redhead ever. She's so dainty and has the sweetest little smile on the smallest lips I have ever seen (and they are quite kissable).
Here is "Uncle John", my sister's fiance'. He is such a good man and will be a wonderful husband to Ashley and father to Hailey. They are getting married sometime next fall (correct me if I'm wrong, Ash).

Emma couldn't remember his name for the life of her. After asking her numerous times what his name was, she finally looked at him and said, "I just want to call you 'Him'." Typical Emma. The stinker.
Nathan was in love with Ashley and flirted with her constantly. The kid knows pretty women when he sees them...though he did flirt with John as well. Hmmmm, I think I'll keep that one from him as he gets older. My other sister's boyfriend, Ben, came to visit for the weekend, and we all had so much fun just hanging out and enjoying eachother's company. I've been trying to hook these two up since they were like 2. I distinctly remember being at a church meeting in Atlanta and saying to Bethany (who was about 10 at the time), "Okay, that kid over there climbing the tree...he's Ben Mozingo and he is your age. Come on. Just go and talk to him. No, he will not think you are stupid. Just do it. Trust me."

No, she did NOT go and talk to him that day, but 6 years later...Yes, I am the idiotic mother who let her children go out in the snow in their pajamas. But to my defense, they were footey pajamas...and I made them wear their hats and finger coats. I was just scared that all the snow would melt away in the 20 minutes it would take to dress them in the best snow gear we could muster. Nevermind the fact that it was like 25 degrees outside. I mean, the youngest two have never seen snow before, and I was going to let them enjoy it, by golly....frostbitten and all.
They kept making snowballs and putting them in the freezer so they could eat them later. Too funny, those kids. Abby has already decided that she wants to make a snowman when we come back at Christmas. So hear that, Kentuckians...here is our order for some more snow at Christmastime. (More pics of the snow from the last night we were there on Tara's blog.)
Hailey is doing well and gaining weight. Her metabolic doctor ran some more blood tests to check for other fatty acid oxidation disorders at last week's appt...they should be back in a month. She does not think that Hailey has MCAD, but she is definitely a carrier for it. And since some of her levels are still a little off, they are checking other metabolic labs. She also goes back to see the cardiologist in a month to check everything.

One thing is for sure...the girl sure does look like a Gowens. I couldn't get over how much she looks like her Pawpaw (my dad) here:
In other news, we knew that this stomach virus was a big test for Nathan, and we were so glad he did so well during it. However, his little body has had a really tough time getting back on track. The poor guy is in so much discomfort and has been horrible reflux and at least one huge projectile vomit each day. Conversations with his GI doc have proved that his gut motility has slowed down exponentially. Currently, we are trying to give him little feeds (about 2 ounces) to keep him hydrated and hoping that his body kicks in and starts moving the food out of his belly at a better pace again. Right now, it just sits there and hurts him. If he hasn't improved by next Monday, we are going to have to start increasing some of his motility meds to help out some.

I just hate seeing him like this. He cries when he eats, and he is just so fussy all of the time...so unlike him. His smiles have been few and far between the past few days, and I just wish I had my little Nateman back. Poor little guy.

4 comments:

Emily on November 26, 2008 at 3:20 PM said...

Poor Nate, I'll keep him in my prayers.

That Hailey is SO cute and tiny! I love the red eyebrows.

Jill Chandler on November 26, 2008 at 4:03 PM said...

So glad to hear the good family report via pictures!
We're praying Nathan will be on the mend really soon.
Love, Jill

mollie on November 26, 2008 at 9:56 PM said...

Hailey is a doll. I might have to steal her. LOL
I hope Nate feels better soon. I had that horrible disaster last week and have never been in so much pain, so I really feel for the little prince. Hope it all clears out this week and everyone feels better soon!

Kayla on November 27, 2008 at 8:24 PM said...

Those were great pictures. I'll keep Nathan in my prayers. So sorry he isn't feeling very good.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez