Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas is so anti-climactic


At a recent wedding shower...

Me: Emma, who are you going to marry when you grow up?
Emma: I'm going to marry Jolee.
Abby: Oh Emma, you can't marry Jolee. She's a girl.
Me: Who are you going to marry Abby?
Abby: I'm going to marry Nathan.

What can you say? We are from Kentucky.


So, we had our family Christmas last night. In my still food poisoned stupor, I woke up from a nap (did I mention that I slept almost ALL day long??) and found that the kids had arranged all of the presents in neat little piles for everyone to open. They were so excited. I, on the other hand, was in a nauseous daze, but what's Christmas without a little puke to spice up life? I was in pajama shorts and a t-shirt from high school Powder Puff days...not exactly what I was planning for Christmas attire. However, the kids had waited all day. Heck, they've had a construction paper ring thingamabob for the past 2 weeks where they tear off a ring for everyday counting down until we open presents. They were READY, to say the least. Nevermind the fact that it was 80 degrees outside and they were wearing shorts and t-shirts...it was CHRISTMAS in their eyes!
It was a good night. I was too nauseous to care that all of them were opening presents at the same time. Usually, we have a pretty good reign on the one-person-at-a-time-take-your-turn sort of opening presents way...but I just wanted to go back to bed (being honest here) and didn't care to intervene last night. The kids loved their presents and have played with them all day today (hence the reason we opened presents early).

Emma did manage to cut a hole in a brand spankin' new Princess shirt we bought for her. She said she was trying to cut off the tag. Being the Martha Stewart that I am, I sewed the hole up for her...hear that, hun. Sewed it up! Unfortunately, I could not thread the needle with actual thread (seriously, I tried for 30 minutes), nor could I find our needle-threader, so I used dental floss to sew it up. It was the only thing stiff enough to fit through the needle, thankyouverymuch. Anyone have any idea how dental floss does through the washer?

All in all, it was a wonderful Christmas. We head out to Kentucky tomorrow afternoon. Better get to packing...

5 comments:

AmyG on December 19, 2008 at 8:14 AM said...

It looks like a lot of fun! I hope you're feeling better today!

Register family on December 19, 2008 at 8:26 AM said...

Oh, Amber, you are resourceful!! I was impressed there for a second, but dental floss, that's a new one! (I would be concerned more about the wax coating in the dryer than the washer.)
Danette

Jill Chandler on December 19, 2008 at 9:06 AM said...

Merry Christmas! and Bon Voyage!
We love you!
Jill

Tara on December 19, 2008 at 10:18 AM said...

That conversation at the shower between all the girls, was hysterical! I hope you start feeling better soon, thats going to be a rough car ride to KY being sick and all (been there done that, ha!) Glad ya'll had a good Christmas, I was cracking up at the sewing with dental floss...that's my Amber!

Ceridwen on December 19, 2008 at 11:34 AM said...

Way to be resourceful! Let me know how the washing turns out. Hope you feel totally recuperated by the time you travel.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez