Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My toilet and I are becoming quite close these days


Abby and I went on a date last night for her birthday dinner and some last minute shopping. She chose to go to Chili's because it is all of a sudden her favorite place to eat ever. She ordered the mac-n-cheese and hot molten chocolate cake (which was incredible, by the way). I ordered the fajita quesadillas with a side of salmonella. You can't go wrong with that, so I've been told.

I knew the food didn't "sit right" in m'belly, but I thought it was because I had the chance to actually sit and enjoy my food for the first time in oh, 5 years, give or take a few. Obviously, my stomach is used being quickly showered with half-chewed food and doesn't quite know what to do when it doesn't need to work as a gizzard.

But no, that wasn't it at all. And let me just say that after getting food poisoning pretty close the being on the heels of the stomach virus we had a few weeks ago, I'll take the stomach virus. It's a lot less brutal. Let me just say that the past few hours have been plain horrid (said with a perfect English accent).

I realized that I needed help with the kiddos when I threw a bottle of formula to the poor Nateman on my rush to hurl whatever contents were left in my stomach. I was really hoping that he would figure out how to feed himself, but it was just wishful thinking. The girls ate honey buns for breakfast because I couldn't get up to fix them anything. I decided to call for reinforcements and Jay came home to keep the kiddos while I spent the remainder of the morning sleeping.

I feel like a new woman now! I'm a very tired and horribly weak woman, but one that is thankfully getting better.

For Abby's birthday dinner next year, I think we'll stick to just eating dessert.

5 comments:

Amanda on December 17, 2008 at 11:40 PM said...

Oh gosh Amber. I had food poisoning years ago and I still haven't forgotten how horrible it was. Glad you're feeling better.
Emma looks so tiny next to Abby in the picture,too cute! My Kiera is a short one:)

AmyG on December 18, 2008 at 6:06 AM said...

Sorry you were so sick! I hope you're feeling better today!

Love that picture!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how awful. so sorry you got sick again. I hope you feel better soon.

Linda

Dana on December 18, 2008 at 9:45 AM said...

You poor thing!!!

On a positive note; LOVE that photo!

Dana on December 18, 2008 at 3:03 PM said...

O Amber. I am so sorry. Well, there goes the five pounds you wanted to lose right!! Have fun gaining them all back during Christmas. I LOVE the pictures you have taken recently. Youa re so taking Allie and Joshua's pictures really really soon!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez