Wednesday, December 10, 2008

One of the downfalls of the 80 degree winter days


Quote of the week courtesy of the darling hubby in the hood: "I wonder if I am ever going to miss having to say 'Go get your pants on!' all the time." And for all you nasty-minded ones, he was not talking about me when he said this.

And courtesy of the crazy 2 year old: "Dear Heavenly Father, I love you God. I hope Nate don't pull my hair. And I hope Abby don't pester me. A-MEN!"For those who really know me, you know for a fact that I despise snakes. Pure evil, I tell ya. They slither and slide and are natural born killers...not to mention the fact that they just give me the heebeegeebees.
So, we come home from taking the kidsChristmas-light sight-seeing last night, and I go bee bopping around the van to get Nate out of his car seat. What is curled up waiting for me behind the van?

He almost ate me.

I screamed, just like any sane person would do when faced with 2 needle-sharp fangs slithering your way.You know what my crazy hubs did? He danced around the long evil one until he got in a good position to PICK IT UP! And then he let our precious little girls pet it...like it was some kind of animal of something. Emma especially loved that it wrapped its tail around her finger and cut off all circulation so that we must now discuss amputation. I promise, I think she would have slept with the snake if we would have let her. She loved it and kept trying to pet its head...where the poison is stationed and everything.

However, I think Emma only loved the dang thing so much because she knew that I hated it. Yes Em, she's our little teenager in a toddler body. She makes a point to love the things we don't approve of. If 2 years old is anything like 15, we are in trubble with a capital TRUB.

Just at dinner last night, she proclaimed that she hated puppies. (loves snakes, hates puppies...get this? HELP!) I piped up that "hate" is such a strong word and I didn't like her using it, to which she replies, "But I hate them."The snake...well, I hope it was smothered to death since Jay let the evil thing loose in the front yard where my children play and I walk around barefoot. He's going to eat us all. Nevermind the fact that it was about 8 inches long.

8 comments:

Tara on December 11, 2008 at 9:44 AM said...

I love all the pictures and the cute clothes! Sounds like Emma has been listening to Abby's prayers, too cute!

tammy said...

I, too, share in your detestation of asps, adders, vipers, etc. They are what my worst nightmares are made of. Don't let people know you are afraid or they will terrorize you with them. The ones who pick them up are really afraid, too, but they will step outside their comfort zone just to see you scream, flee and pee in your pants. It has happened to me on more than one occasion. Just a word to the wise ;-}
Your cuz, Tammy

Ceridwen on December 11, 2008 at 11:48 AM said...

Cute post. Little Emma sounds like a case!
How about walking into your kitchen one morning and finding one curled up in front of the dishwasher! Talk about a heart attack!!!

Kelly Spezzano on December 11, 2008 at 3:33 PM said...

We are truly cursed here in FL with the snakes! If I see more than one snake in a month, I tell Jim that it's a plague! Ha Ha! Unlike your hubby, though, my hubby will dispose of the snakes properly... Brooklyn style (you know where they get whacked in the head)... I am sure one of these days those snakes will get the hint not to mess with the Spezzano's!

Julie in VB on December 11, 2008 at 4:08 PM said...

Hi Amber, I'm Julie from VA Beach, a member of Tidewater Church--Sis. Latane also attends at Tidewater, and we were BLESSED with great services w/ your dad this past weekend. In fact, when I helped Sis. Willie make the "connection" between you and Br. Mike, he said, "It's something when you're famous because of your DAUGHTER!" It was hilarious...You have a marvelous talent for photos and writing and I have been reading for months. I should have introduced myself sooner. You and your family have been in my prayers--esp. little adorable Nate.

Julie S.

Christine on December 11, 2008 at 6:27 PM said...

Where are you getting the totally adorable clothes at?!?! I have the heebe jeebeies now thinking about the snake!

Blondie on December 11, 2008 at 8:44 PM said...

I wanted to put my house on the market the first time I saw a snake in our yard. My dang hubs talked me out of it.

I, too, have a completely irrational phobia of snakes. 'nuff said.

Now, had I found a snake that close to my baby, I would have been spending the night in the nearest hotel!

Melodie on December 13, 2008 at 1:01 AM said...

LOL i hope you are still blogging when Emma is a teenager !

Nate is always in my thoughts and prayers.. so happy that he's feeling better!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez